So whats going on with Filatov?

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Doesn't make sense to pull him out of Russia mid-season, I don't think... If there's a season, he won't be at this camp, I wouldn't imagine...

I think he'll get a look again, though, and I hope he'll be either at next year or the year after's camp... I still have hope for the kid given that I don't think he was given much of a shot in Ottawa... let him gain some confidence in the K this year and maybe next, and hopefully he'll be ready to play in the N after that... ( assuming there still is an N ... )

Jan 9, 2011
Victoria, BC
Filatov didn't get much of a look. He should have been given just as fair a shot as Butler, who really did nothing, was given.

this. i remember when we first got him Murray promised him a good chance.. pretty sure 3 games on the top line isnt a good shot. he even got a point in the first game and had a very good chance on a wrapparound in dallac iirc

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Doesn't make sense to pull him out of Russia mid-season, I don't think... If there's a season, he won't be at this camp, I wouldn't imagine...

I think he'll get a look again, though, and I hope he'll be either at next year or the year after's camp... I still have hope for the kid given that I don't think he was given much of a shot in Ottawa... let him gain some confidence in the K this year and maybe next, and hopefully he'll be ready to play in the N after that... ( assuming there still is an N ... )

Last season Filatov was under contract to the Sens but he was loaned to the KHL for the rest of the year after he requested it. At the end of his Sens deal he signed with the KHL and the Sens qualified him to keep his NHL rights

I agree he won't come here this year barring an out-clause in his contract with the KHL. Even though there is no formal arrangement with the 2 leagues they respect each others signed agreements. I don't know if he is signed in the KHL for another year or not after this year. Another caveat is that the Sens may have offered him a 2 way AHL/NHL contract to hold his rights and he would probably balk at signing one of those again.

mikey

Jul 26, 2008
really? a pipedream... won't play another game in NA I am certain.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
So for those who want him back, whose spot would he be taking now and in the future?

sleeves

Apr 17, 2012
With this hangover all I can say is Filatov can **** right off, that ship has sailed

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
this. i remember when we first got him Murray promised him a good chance.. pretty sure 3 games on the top line isnt a good shot. he even got a point in the first game and had a very good chance on a wrapparound in dallac iirc

That's actually a pretty good chance... Butler was give more time because he did well in the ahl, Filatov... Oh wait I guess he was expecting to be handed NHL time. He was. He did nothing in 9 games to warrant his stay in the NHL. Maybe he would've earned a call up, but again, he's an arrogant piece of work with no work ethic. He'll never wear a sens jersey again and I doubt he comes back to the NHL. Now can we stop bringing up Filatov?

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
That's actually a pretty good chance... Butler was give more time because he did well in the ahl, Filatov... Oh wait I guess he was expecting to be handed NHL time. He was. He did nothing in 9 games to warrant his stay in the NHL. Maybe he would've earned a call up, but again, he's an arrogant piece of work with no work ethic. He'll never wear a sens jersey again and I doubt he comes back to the NHL. Now can we stop bringing up Filatov?

You butt hurt brah?

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
If anyone he will come back much later on for another team. Doubt he wants to play for our organization anymore.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
If anyone he will come back much later on for another team. Doubt he wants to play for our organization anymore.

He wanted to play for the Sens last year. He just didn't want to play in the AHL; has nothing to do with the Sens Organization.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Anybody know anything about Sergei Mozyakin? Leading the KHL above Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, etc., and it doesn't look like a fluke season.

Guy seems to be a good player from the KHL. Any idea why he's never come over to the NHL? (Get on 'er Murray!)

Turns out he was drafted by CBJ...

Say's it all really...

Sensbud

Dec 8, 2012
Ottawa
People forget how young he is. Dudes only 22. If he were to give it another shot at like 24-25, I could see him being an NhLer. The talent is there.

Also, people bash his work ethic which is wrong. Its not his work ethic but his attitude that is the problem. From everything ive read the guy works hard and trains really hard in the offseason as well.

With our coaches system and some of the talent in our pipeline, we could run 3 scoring lines. If Regin gets over the injury bug, he would be a quality liney. Thats more skill than most 3rd lines I believe albeit small.

There has always been a misconception with his work ethic. People tend to associate his attitude with his on-ice work ethic. He works really hard and he always has. Look back at his scouting reports and they will mention his work-rate. The kid wants to be an NHLer, but he's just made some poor judgement and decisions. Had he stuck in the AHL he would have been called up after our string of injuries.

Always liked the kid, hope he comes back and gives it another shot.

John Holmes*

I really don't understand the hatred over this guy.

What did he do different from Silfverberg?

The kid's got bills. Real world commitments. If he wants to play in Russia for more money than he'd make bussing around NY / Penn. all winter long...so what?

He did NOT get a fair chance here in Ottawa. He's still young, he could pull a Radulov...who knows? If he decides he wants to play in the NHL, we own his rights.

What's the problem?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I really don't understand the hatred over this guy.

What did he do different from Silfverberg?

The kid's got bills. Real world commitments. If he wants to play in Russia for more money than he'd make bussing around NY / Penn. all winter long...so what?

He did NOT get a fair chance here in Ottawa. He's still young, he could pull a Radulov...who knows? If he decides he wants to play in the NHL, we own his rights.

What's the problem?

Agreed.

Sensation

Apr 27, 2009
Cary, NC
I don't get the people questioning his work ethic. People were praising how hard he was playing when he was on the team, leaving for Russia does not mean he has bad work ethic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->