So what’s going on with OHL live?

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Overpriced and poor quality for years, I was hopeful that something was going to change for the better when I had heard last year that the OHL’s contract with “neulion” was running out at the end of this past season.

I just checked the OHL live section on the website and there is nothing there for purchase. Nothing on the app either. No upcoming games listed, no packages to purchase for the upcoming season. Very disappointing

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
I sent out an e-mail yesterday in regards to OHL Live...

I posed the following questions... What is the status of OHL Live? The OHL season is less than a week away and I have seen no mention of its availability? Will the service this year be available on either Amazon Fire or Roku?

This is the response that I received...

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting support with your inquiry.

Subscriptions are currently not available for purchase. Please check back in the near future for information regarding 2019/20 packages and what they will feature.

We currently support streaming via PC/laptop/mac and Apple/Android mobile devices.

If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Regards,
Riley
OHL Support

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Instead of it listing NeuLion as the streaming service at the bottom of the OHLivc page it now lists Endeavor Streaming as the company?

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I was freaking about Neulion !
I need a subscription-
I am going to need some sort of OHL streaming option - I also need some sort of streaming for the World Juniors -

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
I was freaking about Neulion !
I need a subscription-
I am going to need some sort of OHL streaming option - I also need some sort of streaming for the World Juniors -
TSN has their own streaming service you can use for the WJC $20 a month.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting support with your inquiry.

Subscriptions are currently not available for purchase. Please check back in the near future for information regarding 2019/20 packages and what they will feature.

We currently support streaming via PC/laptop/mac and Apple/Android mobile devices.

If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Regards,
Riley
OHL Support
Dear Riley,

Thanks for your non-answer.

Sincerely,
OHL fans.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I really wish the OHL would go the route the AHL did. They have a pretty nice livestreaming service with good quality where you can get all games, home/away, for all teams, $100 per season. The OHL service is just so far behind.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I really wish the OHL would go the route the AHL did. They have a pretty nice livestreaming service with good quality where you can get all games, home/away, for all teams, $100 per season. The OHL service is just so far behind.

As soon as I saw the AHL do that, I said "your move, OHL."

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I sent a question in as well and have not heard a word back as of yet. So where am I going to watch out of town games this year? What is everybody else planning?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I sent a question in as well and have not heard a word back as of yet. So where am I going to watch out of town games this year? What is everybody else planning?
I'm starting a GoFundMe page to send me and one lucky companion to all the away games. Do you need the link?

Reactions: EvenSteven

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
How does the OHL action pack work? Are there any rinks that don't always have coverage? I was hearing Rogers is not showing as many games, so not sure if I will pony up the price.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So it would cost me $115.99 to watch my favorite NHL team all season in HD (82 games), but it would cost me $149.99 to watch all of the Otters games (68 in total), and a lot of them are in pretty poor standard def.

It's incredible how far behind the OHL is here.

Reactions: Tarantula

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So it would cost me $115.99 to watch my favorite NHL team all season in HD (82 games), but it would cost me $149.99 to watch all of the Otters games (68 in total), and a lot of them are in pretty poor standard def.

Big problem with this is supply and demand. NHL has a million fans that will buy this but the OHL has a few thousand if they are lucky. Hardly worth doing this so they jerk up the cost to at least break even. OHL needs more fans like us.

Reactions: NOA

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015

I'm not unhappy with what I get for what I pay. I'm a Flint STH, so I only buy the away game package for $70 CDN ($50-55??? once converted to American dollars). Yeah, some of the broadcasts are definitely like I've stepped back into 1984, but I get my fix.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I'm not unhappy with what I get for what I pay. I'm a Flint STH, so I only buy the away game package for $70 CDN ($50-55??? once converted to American dollars). Yeah, some of the broadcasts are definitely like I've stepped back into 1984, but I get my fix.

Pretty much my approach, I just buy the away package as I seldom miss a home game here. Much of the leagues action overlaps anyway, so I wouldn't catch many other games to justify the cost.

Has anybody figured out any settings that help with these streams? My feeds are always choppy. They actually work better on my phone, but no HDMI jack on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->