So we get to see the new jersey designs next week (RBK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbeek

Human see, human do.
Jul 19, 2005
Pittsburgh
Most likely because they are embarrassed. Atleast they should be.

Boooooooooo to new jersey styles.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Are these new RBK jerseys going to be like third jerseys or are they going to replace all traditional team uniforms like in the CFL?

kenny #9

Mar 6, 2002
Saskatoon
If they are anything like Bob McKenzie described on TSN that would be a horrible decision.. Look like lane swimmers instead of hockey players

BCCHL inactive

Rumours I've heard are that nothing will be sewn onto the jerseys... not even the logos. It'll all be pressed on, in an effort to make the jerseys lighter. At the World Juniors, at least USA and Norway had pressed on numbers, which obviously offer a much less quality item if you collect authentic/game worn jerseys.

As mentioned, the only reason RBK and the NHL will love these new jerseys is because of the almighty dollar, and a lot of them. The players will hate them, the fans will hate them, and depending on what they do to the replica jerseys you buy in stores, retailers will hate them.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
west_coast said:
What is RBK Hockey thinking? If they're anything like Team Canada's new jerseys, then that's horrible. :shakehead

itll be worse than the team canada jerseys

the nike jersesy arent nearly as ugly as these rbk ones will be

they should just leave the jersesy as-is, or i'll puke on betmans front lawn

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Van said:
The players will hate them, the fans will hate them, and depending on what they do to the replica jerseys you buy in stores, retailers will hate them.

I have never heard of someone profiting off of a product everyone in an industry hated.

Once again, these jerseys make absolutely no sense.

Roger's Pancreas*

Metallian said:
itll be worse than the team canada jerseys

the nike jersesy arent nearly as ugly as these rbk ones will be

they should just leave the jersesy as-is, or i'll puke on betmans front lawn

Nah man, Bettman's gone too far this time. A puddle of puke isn't enough to give me satisfaction. I'd leave him a steaming pile of retribution under his cars windshield wipers, and empty a naturally processed two-four into the wiper fluid tank.

Stuy

Jun 12, 2002
Calgary
stuy.proboards51.com
Metallian said:
because RBK is paying the NHL to make ugly jersesy for them which wont sell? :shakehead

They pay the NHL huge money for rights. All that matters to bettman is that he makes money. Reebok can fall flat on there face for all he cares.

BCCHL inactive

Why does everybody seem to think this is Gary Bettman's idea? This was RBK's idea, and Bauer/Nike got to it first with the IIHF jerseys. The NHL (again... NHL, meaning the board of governors) is in it for the money, and they have no reason to not be.

seenmassive

Jul 18, 2005
Haters

Albeit that these RBK jerseys are going to suck because they are tucked into some Pejorative Slured pants, the new nike jerseys with some tweaks to them (baggier) are something that can be implemented and respected. They are lightweight, can be worn normally by a fan without looking like a fat idiot and are decent looking. :dunno:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
PecaFan said:
Ah youth. Staunch traditionalists, always afraid of change.

Colour me crazy, but I'll judge *after* seeing them.

youth are never in the same category as the traditionalists

Verbal Kint*

PecaFan said:
Ah youth. Staunch traditionalists, always afraid of change.

Colour me crazy, but I'll judge *after* seeing them.
No kidding. I don't expect to like them but its shocking how fast people react to something they know nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad