Post-Game Talk: So that happened.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I checked the score, saw it was 2-0 and thought "Eh. Not bad".

Went back to playing Division 2. Check again and it's 6-2.

#HereComeTheOilers

If you're going to be bad, you might as well be the best at it.
My backup plan in life was always to be a failure.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Can't wait for the draft where we draft some kid and the team continues to lose. Just hearing the phrase "draft lottery" ****ing pisses me off.

That is why I wanna do something different then the last 15 years and trade the pick ffs for immediate help. Like drafting players and not developing them has really helped this team

Reactions: MikeYEG

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
giphy.gif

farts gif - Google Search

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Coyotes fans are pretty pissed at us on their boards. I'm happy with the loss if it means that joke of a fan-base misses the playoffs :laugh:

Reactions: MikeYEG

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
My last 2 Kosko photoshops were based on comments I read in that thread. I just create whatever is on my mind at the current moment. Not all my stuff is picking on people either.

I spam maybe half my content in GDTs here. I only recently started spamming my goal GIFs because a poster asked to see them.

If you or anyone feels that way about my posts feel free to add me to your ignore lists. I checked the rules and I felt bad posting the OILERZ stuff but the partners program was discontinued so I felt it was okay, mods can correct me.

It would be nice if you saved you talents for the OBC.

I think the players are the last one's Oiler fans should be attacking.

JMO of course.

Reactions: The Batman

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
My last 2 Kosko photoshops were based on comments I read in that thread. I just create whatever is on my mind at the current moment. Not all my stuff is picking on people either.

I spam maybe half my content in GDTs here. I only recently started spamming my goal GIFs because a poster asked to see them.

If you or anyone feels that way about my posts feel free to add me to your ignore lists. I checked the rules and I felt bad posting the OILERZ stuff but the partners program was discontinued so I felt it was okay, mods can correct me.
DO NOT change a thing. You’ve rapidly become one of my favourite posters. You’ve got a good sense of humour, you provide good content, and I’d hate to see it go.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Is there any way for Koskinen to play some more games? Can we do an emergency demotion so he can play some AHL games between the NHL ones? Maybe we can lend him to some beer league or something to make him play some more games there between the AHL and NHL ones? Hitch is probably looking into that right now.

It seems like we are the worst in the league on deploying goalies. I honestly dont understand it at all. Makes me wonder how these decisions are made.

Reactions: Cypress

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007

At least Koskinen is catching something and if the others met expectations nobody would be birchen.

Keep’em coming. Great stuff. Freeeedooooooooom!

Reactions: The Batman

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
The refs sure "came to play" in the start of that 2nd period.

3 weak calls, weak, in succession, and the last being a penalty to Malone for playing the puck too early after coming out of the pb. It was termed interference. Did he leave the box early? PLayers leave the box when the timekeeper indicates. Or at least that's usually what occurs. How does Malone get this penalty? It wasn't well explained. The 3 quick PP's all in a contiguous row reshaped the game as much as anything the AV's did. starting from the first call on Russell which was a weak call at this time of year.

McD can be blown up with a near career ending hit in a previous game and no call, not even 2mins. But Russell has the slightest contact that occurs a lot at this time of year and elicits a call. Malone gets a completely made up penalty call, then 2 more minutes tacked onto that.

Anybody think the AV's were being helped a little here? 3 calls in 5mins to start the 2nd period. All changing what to that point had been the flow of the game.

Reactions: Yablo21

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
The refs sure "came to play" in the start of that 2nd period.

3 weak calls, weak, in succession, and the last being a penalty to Malone for playing the puck too early after coming out of the pb. It was termed interference. Did he leave the box early? PLayers leave the box when the timekeeper indicates. Or at least that's usually what occurs. How does Malone get this penalty? It wasn't well explained. The 3 quick PP's all in a contiguous row reshaped the game as much as anything the AV's did. starting from the first call on Russell which was a weak call at this time of year.

McD can be blown up with a near career ending hit in a previous game and no call, not even 2mins. But Russell has the slightest contact that occurs a lot at this time of year and elicits a call. Malone gets a completely made up penalty call, then 2 more minutes tacked onto that.

Anybody think the AV's were being helped a little here? 3 calls in 5mins to start the 2nd period. All changing what to that point had been the flow of the game.
The rule is that your feet have to be on the ice before you can touch the puck. Kind of a weird rule.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Thanks, I've never seen it called exactly like that. Do both skates have to be on ice or just one?
I had to look it up to be sure haha:

56.2 In addition, should a player about to come onto the ice, play the puck while one or both skates are still on the players’ or penalty bench, a minor penalty for interference shall be assessed.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Thanks, I've never seen it called exactly like that. Do both skates have to be on ice or just one?
Both. Pretty sure the ref who made the call also stated the rule clearly from center ice. I was watching the Avs broadcast and they explained and showed several replays. They seemed astounded that Malone was even dressed. Why are the Oilers playing this guy again?

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Both. Pretty sure the ref who made the call also stated the rule clearly from center ice. I was watching the Avs broadcast and they explained and showed several replays. They seemed astounded that Malone was even dressed. Why are the Oilers playing this guy again?

Thanks, the Oilers broadcast, which is usually unhelpful, did not explain the call adequately. That said perhaps I missed something as I do FF through some of the between whistles commentary on SNET. Its not like I need more misinformation from Remenda and Quinn.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Thanks, the Oilers broadcast, which is usually unhelpful, did not explain the call adequately. That said perhaps I missed something as I do FF through some of the between whistles commentary on SNET. Its not like I need more misinformation from Remenda and Quinn.
Exactly. About halfway through the season I decided to exclusively watch out of town feeds. You have to put up with the fake pity/gloating a bit (Avs announcers were doing quite a lot of the latter last night), but on the whole it’s a much better experience than listening to Remenda, Quinn and Gene.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Exactly. About halfway through the season I decided to exclusively watch out of town feeds. You have to put up with the fake pity/gloating a bit (Avs announcers were doing quite a lot of the latter last night), but on the whole it’s a much better experience than listening to Remenda, Quinn and Gene.

Boston broadcasts are uniformly awful, and always have been. Man, those have to be the worst. That comment just came up as I was just watching a youtube of the 1971 Habs-Bruins SC playoffs. The Habs won the series but the Boston feeds make it appear the Bruins won. lol. For instance they show all Bruins goals in a 5-1 lead and then jump to the next game not showing the Habs answered with 6 goals in a row to win game 2, 7-5 haha.

Is there any broadcast more homer than the Bruins? heh They seem to never change there. I think they still think they won the 1988 and 1990 series as well. Its some conspiracy that the Oilers blew them out both times..

Reactions: TB12

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Boston broadcasts are uniformly awful, and always have been. Man, those have to be the worst. That comment just came up as I was just watching a youtube of the 1971 Habs-Bruins SC playoffs. The Habs won the series but the Boston feeds make it appear the Bruins won. lol. For instance they show all Bruins goals in a 5-1 lead and then jump to the next game not showing the Habs answered with 6 goals in a row to win game 2, 7-5 haha.

Is there any broadcast more homer than the Bruins? heh They seem to never change there. I think they still think they won the 1988 and 1990 series as well. Its some conspiracy that the Oilers blew them out both times..

The Bruin announcers are by far the most bias. I once watched a game and they were playing the Habs. Bergeron took a shot and Price made an unbelievably great save. Instead of giving Price credit, the announcer said “What a sensational shot by Bergeron”

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Bruin announcers are by far the most bias. I once watched a game and they were playing the Habs. Bergeron took a shot and Price made an unbelievably great save. Instead of giving Price credit, the announcer said “What a sensational shot by Bergeron”

Jack Edwards is something else.

This is still my favorite call by him:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->