So Seguin isn't happy with negotiations.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Stars would ask for Trouba and Ehlers/Roslovic/Laine and probably a pick at least a 2nd. Trouba, Roslovic, 2nd for Seguin would be....I dunno....

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Seguin Laine

drool

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Stars would ask for Trouba and Ehlers/Roslovic/Laine and probably a pick at least a 2nd. Trouba, Roslovic, 2nd for Seguin would be....I dunno....

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Seguin Laine

drool

Laines trade value is higher than Seguin and Laine, Ehlers and Roslovic certainly aren't interchangeable trade pieces.

Trade value:

Laine

Ehlers

Roslovic

Reactions: Ippenator

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Laines trade value is higher than Seguin and Laine, Ehlers and Roslovic certainly aren't interchangeable trade pieces.

Trade value:

Laine

Ehlers

Roslovic

Of course I would never trade Laine for Seguin but 1 for 1 Seguin is probably more valuable right this moment. Laine still has that "potential", Seguin is a legit franchise center.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Of course I would never trade Laine for Seguin but 1 for 1 Seguin is probably more valuable right this moment. Laine still has that "potential", Seguin is a legit franchise center.

Trade value wise Laine is more valuable than Seguin and it's not even debatable.

Dallas would do Laine for Seguin in a heartbeat.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
We seem to have come into a relative new phenomena where players at expected to be resigned before their current contract is over. If they are reigned..."they're unhappy". So what. Plus why should fans worry? If he walks as UFA, so be it. Just sign someone else with that money (I know that is easier said than done).

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I liken the Jets getting Tyler Seguin at this point in our roster development the same as the TML's getting JT. They went all apeshit but really it was a stupid f***ing move for their organization.
  • JT's cap number is crippling to the Leafs
  • He will be doing something that young elite players are already doing on that team, cheaper. They will also only get better at it, while JT gets worse.
  • Those young stars will get less playing time, and less opportunity (read prime situational exposure and development) which will equal stunted potential and probably negative sentiment.
  • Leafs will probably end up losing one or more of those young players in favor of an older one who's only direction is down.
  • Leafs have much less ability now to address their REAL need: defense and goaltending.
Now, swap JT for Seguin and Leafs for Jets and that's what you get.

I love Tyler Seguin (if for nothing else but his hotness) and if we got him as a rental I'd be pumped but he makes ZERO sense on this roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->