So Reaves now plays on PP...

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Ryan "Power Forward, scorer of two Stanley Cup playoff goals don't call him just a face-puncher former protector of Sidney" Reaves

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Back in 2010-11, the Flames used Tim Jackman on their first unit PP sometimes as a net-front presence.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Love it.

Reaves with a big FU to the so-called.. "It's a different type of game now" crowd

Reactions: coupe93

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
There is clearly something in the water in Vegas but the guy with 5 goals and 2 assists in 42 games with them isn't really the guy benefitting from it. It's a non-story.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah, 7 points in 42 games and a -3 penalty differential is a big F-U to that crowd. He is so proving that he is worth that $2.775M.

Yet, here he is playin on the Powerplay and grabbin Goals while you stay at home typing this from your coach.

Take the L

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Back in 2010-11, the Flames used Tim Jackman on their first unit PP sometimes as a net-front presence.

I loved Jackman, and I always thought he understood the game well enough to be in offensive situations, but didn't have the talent to do more than he did. Never hurt a line. Potted some goals for us.

Always thought he'd be a coach

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Jokes aside, it really seems like Reaves had a great summer of training because he's come back so much faster and effective on the puck. He was already a pretty decent player for a fourth liner but right now he's been playing like a middle 6 forward while still being on the fourth line. With all the key injuries, snakebittenness (I mean there's regression to the mean and there's the Knights being this unable to convert on a high volume of shots) and Schmidt being out, it's been helpful.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Jokes aside, it really seems like Reaves had a great summer of training because he's come back so much faster and effective on the puck. He was already a pretty decent player for a fourth liner but right now he's been playing like a middle 6 forward while still being on the fourth line. With all the key injuries, snakebittenness (I mean there's regression to the mean and there's the Knights being this unable to convert on a high volume of shots) and Schmidt being out, it's been helpful.

Reaves' game has gotten better every off-season the last 3 years. He really seems to have accepted that he needs to evolve to still be a useful player in this new landscape and he's worked his butt off to become a much better forechecker (not just hunting hits), passer, net-front presence, and puck battler. The work he's put in has paid off, because he is a night and day better skill player than just a few years ago. Reaves played a bit on the 3rd line with the Blues. I know he has the reputation of a neanderthal, but his skill is underrated and his effort is always, always there. So coaches are gonna love him.

I saw him the other night being the first forward back on defense right before coming down and hitting a top shelfer in the game against Vancouver. He's a pretty real hockey player.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Good, keep him there, the more ice time Reeves gets the better it is for other teams, especially come playoff time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad