So... Re-entry draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victory Ali*

If this strike goes into next year and all the rosters get screwed up since no one is getting contract extensions or resigned or maybe even a new league starts up. What do you think the chances are of a re-entry draft happening? All the players without contracts and all prospects have to submit to the NHL head office to be eligible to play and then based on past payroll over the past ten years each team drafts players? Could be cool for publicity and be good for teams who've been in the cellar.

I know people will say it's a horrible idea but I think it's interesting.

It'd be cool to see players like Luongo and Forsberg in a draft.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
it's a lock out not strike and I doubt a Panther fan would think losing Luongo would be cool.

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have an idea:

How about we just pass a rule to make it illegal for any team other than those with the top five gross revenues to have any player that scores more than 20 goals or has an aggregate 40 points in the previous season. If a player surpasses those totals during the season they will be traded to one of those said top five teams, for 'future considerations' . . . ie a 7th round pick. No goaltender with a goals against less than four either. Unless the rosters fill on those top five teams at which point, based on revenue, other teams can have a crack at one or two.

Just for fun.

Feb 12, 2003
This is one of the theories being expressed as the NHL 2 solution after they get the impasse and the rosters get juggled for the guys willing to cross the line. In that perspective, it's very possible, but it depends if the NHL can resume play without the cooperation of the NHLPA.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Jaded-Fan said:
I have an idea:

How about we just pass a rule to make it illegal for any team other than those with the top five gross revenues to have any player that scores more than 20 goals or has an aggregate 40 points in the previous season. If a player surpasses those totals during the season they will be traded to one of those said top five teams, for 'future considerations' . . . ie a 7th round pick. No goaltender with a goals against less than four either. Unless the rosters fill on those top five teams at which point, based on revenue, other teams can have a crack at one or two.

Just for fun.

Bitter at all?

Yeesh.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
PepNCheese said:
Bitter at all?

Yeesh.

*chuckles* . . . comes from being a lied to Pirates fan and seeing hockey head that way.

And it does seem that the fans of the big markets seem to want a version of the above, which is exactly where baseball is, they are merely are couching their terms in more palatable language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->