So..... Our Defense.

• Thread starter General Granny*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

General Granny*

Uhhmmm with already a thin defense, Lundin broke his finger and is coming back to NA, with Cowen already out and Philips/Gonchar getting up there in age, will we contend for a playoff spot with this defense?

Will Murray go the FA, Trade route or just call ups? Maybe all 3.

Currently it looks like.

Methot-Karlsson
????- Gonchar
Philips- ????
?????

With Amnesty buyouts, some dman maybe on the market, ex Ballard, Jovanaski etc

Call ups:

Weircioch
Benoit
Gryba (Has played better than Borocop in my opinion)
Borocop

Do you see them giving Ceci a 9 game tryout? Maybe take him away from the 67s would be good for him, plus in the summer I remember Murray saying he might challenge for a spot, he already has the size, just his defense is questionable.

What do you guys think?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Let's do to our defense what we did to our forwards last year, just replace players with our prospects. Worked last year.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
They will have to make a trade unless Murray wants this to be a lottery team. But at this point I don't care if we come last in a 48 game season, I just want to see some hockey. I think Ballard would be a good option too. Maybe around 2.5-3 million for a season or two.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Also, why in Gods name do people keep questioning Cody Ceci's DEFENSE.

If any of you have watched him since he's been a 67, you'd know that before media started labeling him as an offensive defenceman, he was a one dimensional defensive defenceman. Just because he's learned how to contribute offensively doesn't magically make his defence disappear. I think that because he is a positional defender and not a shot blocker/ net clearer / big hitter that they think he's not good defensively. They're wrong.

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
Uhhmmm with already a thin defense, Lundin broke his finger and is coming back to NA, with Cowen already out and Philips/Gonchar getting up there in age, will we contend for a playoff spot with this defense?

Will Murray go the FA, Trade route or just call ups? Maybe all 3.

Currently it looks like.

Methot-Karlsson
????- Gonchar
Philips- ????
?????

With Amnesty buyouts, some dman maybe on the market, ex Ballard, Jovanaski etc

Call ups:

Weircioch
Benoit
Gryba (Has played better than Borocop in my opinion)
Borocop

Do you see them giving Ceci a 9 game tryout? Maybe take him away from the 67s would be good for him, plus in the summer I remember Murray saying he might challenge for a spot, he already has the size, just his defense is questionable.

What do you guys think?

Wow. Real hate on for Boro huh ? You need to watch the game a little more closely. Have you actually been to Binghamton to even see one ? AHL allstar, led your D-men in points last year, tops in +/-, tops again in +/- this year with Wiercioch and Gryba, tough as nails, creates space for his teammates, your best PK and shutdown D man, great skater, passer. Here's hoping he goes Group VI after next season. Looking forward to seeing him in NY or Philly. It would make me and many other Clarkson alum happy.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Dude... Leftwinglocker. Chill. Hes having a down year so far (in comparison to last year) Hell, I betcha he would admit it himself. Were not looking to trade him or dump him for scraps. Hes pretty much a lock to make our team next year, but he has to play better to get the call up this year. He still probably will assuming theres a season, or get rotating call ups with Gryba. Hes not going anywhere

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I have the solution

Lehner plays net but just hugs the post. Latendresse, Methot, Michalek, and Phillips stand beside him in a line so they take up the whole net.

Then for out

Nobody-Spezza-Nobody
Nobody-Karlsson-Nobody
Nobody-Silfverberg-Nobody
Nobody-Turris-Nobody

Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody

Then we win the super bowl

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Also, why in Gods name do people keep questioning Cody Ceci's DEFENSE.

If any of you have watched him since he's been a 67, you'd know that before media started labeling him as an offensive defenceman, he was a one dimensional defensive defenceman. Just because he's learned how to contribute offensively doesn't magically make his defence disappear. I think that because he is a positional defender and not a shot blocker/ net clearer / big hitter that they think he's not good defensively. They're wrong.

Hes getting the Karlsson treatment. More points = less defense.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I have the solution

Lehner plays net but just hugs the post. Latendresse, Methot, Michalek, and Phillips stand beside him in a line so they take up the whole net.

Then for out

Nobody-Spezza-Nobody
Nobody-Karlsson-Nobody
Nobody-Silfverberg-Nobody
Nobody-Turris-Nobody

Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody

Then we win the super bowl

This man is a genius. Someone call up GMBM right now and tell him about this.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
This man is a genius. Someone call up GMBM right now and tell him about this.

In all seriousness, I've wondered if a team is allowed to do this....

Is there any rule against making a wall on the goal line?

I assume they don't do it for practical reasons. (Such as taking the inevitable puck to the nads)

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Better yet, just sign a sumo wrestler as goalie, we could use Lehner's mobility on defence.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
In all seriousness, I've wondered if a team is allowed to do this....

Is there any rule against making a wall on the goal line?

I assume they don't do it for practical reasons. (Such as taking the inevitable puck to the nads)

why do that when you can do this

the nhl series is touted for it's realism, whatever can be done there should be okay in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5b_wHVCYUk

Better yet, just sign a sumo wrestler as goalie, we could use Lehner's mobility on defence.

to you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad