So Now Who does Philly Take 8th Overall?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I would love them to take a guy like Beaulieu.

For two reasons mainly.

1. It means the Avs wont take him.

2. It means there's a better chance of having one of the "top 9" fall to the Avs at 11.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Murray keeps stating the Ducks are trying hard to move into the Top 10. Wouldn't be surprised if they could strike a deal with Philly at 8 but then again I don't know how much the Ducks are willing to give.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Almost positive they pick a defenseman. Their forward group is very young, but their defense has nowhere to go but down at the moment and it could go down sooner rather than later. Pronger and Timmonen sure as **** aren't getting any younger

Draft a defenseman who can step into the lineup in 3 years and give it a boost when Pronger is spending more time on the IR than playing

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
Murray keeps stating the Ducks are trying hard to move into the Top 10. Wouldn't be surprised if they could strike a deal with Philly at 8 but then again I don't know how much the Ducks are willing to give.

Even though Murray and Holmgren aren't strangers to trading with each other, I have a hard time seeing it happen. Murray seems pretty high on our prospects so I imagine most of the top ones being untouchable unless we get blown away by an offer and the likes of Deschamps will not get us all the way up to 8.
We have alot of blue line depth despite trading gardiner though, and you can only have so many offensive defencemen, so if there would be a deal between Philly and Anaheim it would likely be centered around Vatanen and our 1st.

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
my top 5 most wanted
#1 Dougie Hamilton
#2 Sean Couturier
#3 Duncan Siemens
#4 Ryan Strome
#5 Gabriel Landeskog

Siemens would probably be the only guy left at #8 if Philly keeps that pick. Hamilton would be ideal, but would be ideal for any team picking so can't count on him being left over - unless they make a deal with the Islanders or Devils (Versteeg + #8 for #4 overall?).

I would also be a little leery about a pure offensive defenceman - especially one that is only 5'10" - so not sure if they (or any team) picks up Murphy before the #10 spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->