So Now Who does Philly Take 8th Overall?

KingJet*

I'm gonna say it now, watch and Philly will go to Rebuild mode, and they will select in the top 5 next year, by how they finish in the standings.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
whoever they pick

do you think that player has a better chance now of making the flyers

especially if its a center

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
I'm gonna say it now, watch and Philly will go to Rebuild mode, and they will select in the top 5 next year, by how they finish in the standings.

You think a team with Giroux, JVR, Briere, Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds, Leino/Versteeg up front with Pronger, Timonen, Coburn, Meszaros, and Carle in front of Bryzgalov is a bottom 5 team? They may have taken a step back, but not THAT far back.

MountainGoat

devils trade 4th for philly's 8th and 2nd round pick in '12, philly then drafts Landeskog and the devils draft z-bad

Provolone*

Trade Bobvrosky, Versteeg n the #8 to Isles and select Landeskog.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

In my mock I actually have Hamilton going at #8 (sitting right here on my desk)

My top 10:

1. Nugent-Hopkins
2. Larsson
3. Landeskog
4. Huberdeau
5. Murphy
6. Couturier
7. Strome
8. Hamilton
9. Beaulieu
10. Siemens

Buuuut... After reading a few reports today I'd switch Hamilton and Murphy.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
better yet, watch the Isles and Philly make a move....

Hartnell and the 8th for 5th overall.

Philly drafts Hamilton

Isles draft Mika Z.

Yea...no. We REALLY can't lose more offense.... And if we trade someone like Versteeg or Hartnell, we will most likely take Landeskog (if he falls at 5). I owuld rather us just stay and take one of Hamilton, Strome, Murphy, or Zibanejad.

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Can we do something around Gagner + for the 8th?
The only trade involving #8 will be going up the draft. The Flyers desperately need a blue chip d-man prospect, what with Timonen and Pronger getting older as we speak.

SeanVT395

It's Not Even Close
May 15, 2010
Vermont
1. Hamiltion - absolutely no brainer
2. Murphy
3. BPA (a.k.a Strome, Zibanejad, Beaulieu)

Barring another major trade to move up (at this rate it's probably likely) if Holmgren doesn't draft a defenseman tomorrow he'll have officially lost it in my mind.

What about

:panthers
Versteeg
8th overall
49th overall

:flyers
3rd overall

then the Flyers draft Larsson and go from having the worst prospect pool in the league to having Larsson and B. Schenn headlining it :amazed:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Strome or Murphy. Couturier, Hamilton, Landeskog, RNH, Larsson, Huberdeau won't be there at 8th.

Strome or Murphy would be great for Philly, Briere won't last forever and they could use some d prospects too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->