so no suspension for that hit on kappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
With a bum like Parros head of DOPS and a former Habs player were u expecting anything more?
They may as well do away with player safety because it a pathetic joke.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I didnt expect there would be, yes yes It was a late hit, but Kappy came back, most of the time the league just shrugs its shoulders and move on when the player comes back. If he didn't, I'm sure we would be hearing something.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
With a bum like Parros head of DOPS and a former Habs player were u expecting anything more?
They may as well do away with player safety because it a pathetic joke.

The delay between Kappy moving the puck and getting hit was even longer then Hyman on McAvoy so even later hit goes unpunished.

The problem is the league tends to only suspend for result of the hit (injury) then the actual play. Paros has been doing a very poor job IMO.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
I didnt expect there would be, yes yes It was a late hit, but Kappy came back, most of the time the league just shrugs its shoulders and move on when the player comes back. If he didn't, I'm sure we would be hearing something.

McAvoy came back!

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Not even a hearing, despite the hit being later than Hyman's.

At some point you have to swallow the fine and make a public statement. Two straight years of the lowest PP time league wide, despite being one of the fastest clubs, and a wildly inconsistent precedent setting process from the DoPS (no hearings on Brouwer, Kronwall, Marchand elbow on Marner last playoffs, etc. etc.).

Not the type to entertain sports conspiracies, but a former Hab whose career was ended by a Maple Leaf running the DoPS? Makes you think.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Im like a broken record with this but here we go again.

Some teams have a lobby with the Officiating.
The big wigs of that office is rubbing shoulders with say the owner of certain teams.

These teams get favorable calls more often then not, and especially when its crunch time in big games.

Boston is one of them. Apparently the owner is a somebody, and not just money.

Its why the Bruins can play rough and slash without penalties --- its why Marchand does his crap 19/20 times before its mentioned.

Its why in a physically amped game, a barely late hit on Mcavoy resulted in a 2 game suspension for a player with a record of playing clean.

The reilly hit, nothing. There were plenty of bruin instigated events that game more egregious than Hyman on Mcavoy.

Kronwall on Matthews is channeling the same - going after a returning injured young star player... Matthews. Hes a leaf...Move on. Nothing.

Last years playoffs wingels used his stick and smashed marner on the face. It was blatant. NO whistle. So Kadri went in hard at Wingels.
It missed him, but the bruins started a fight at what couldve been.

See the problem. Fact. Stick on face on a the boards is a penalty...
Kadri just hit the boards hard. Optics looked like it was aimed high but its debatable.
Its the m*thaF*ckin playoffs... these things happen almost everyplay. Right?

We got the penalty. And our 2C was gone for 3 games in a playoff series. Would any other franchise get that type of draconian BS?? Wilson im sure got 1 game for smashing someones jaw.

Same playoffs game 5. Elimination game for leafs. We had 7 back to back penalties.
7 back to back to back to back to back to back to Back. In CONSECUTIVE ORDER!!!!

The fix was in that game, and i am glad to say alot of shady people that day, lost alot of money. Lost houses, cars, marriages, kneecaps, and probably future reffing jobs.

Its about time the leafs with all the $$$ start being in this circle. We make the NHL too much money for us not have favorable calls.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Not even a hearing, despite the hit being later than Hyman's.

At some point you have to swallow the fine and make a public statement. Two straight years of the lowest PP time league wide, despite being one of the fastest clubs, and a wildly inconsistent precedent setting process from the DoPS (no hearings on Brouwer, Kronwall, Marchand elbow on Marner last playoffs, etc. etc.).

Not the type to entertain sports conspiracies, but a former Hab whose career was ended by a Maple Leaf running the DoPS? Makes you think.

The Kronwall hit I'm fine with the outcome. It was a textbook board, no head contact, shoulder to shoulder, Matthews was eligible to be hit there, just not in the manner he was. Dirty yes predatory I don't think so. The penalty was fine. The Marchand elbow I don't remember. The Brouwer hit is an absolute f***ing farce though. They set the precedent, have an almost identical hit like what 5 days later? And not even a hearing. DOPS has been ass since Shanny left.

Like seriously, it's Wheel of Fortune, and everybody in the hockey world knows it. The optics are extremely poor. That's something Shanahan had a great understanding of, optics. They used to do great video breakdowns explaining the events and their rationale, both for suspended hits and non-suspended hits. A little communication goes a long way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomos2

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Wait, what? George Parros is in charge of this now? Wow. Talk about a joke and a half. But what do you honestly expect? Bettman is now in the business of siphoning in gambling money.

f***ing pricks.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The problem is the league tends to only suspend for result of the hit (injury) then the actual play. Paros has been doing a very poor job IMO.

Isn’t that a fundamental part of our societal construct of justice?

Outcome is a significant factor in the charge and punishment.

Eg Drunk drivers get anything from a suspended license to vehicular homicide depending on whether they fail a RIDE test or crash into someone and they lose their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad