So much for the 'Sh-t Northern Division' narrative.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
North division had the best players in the world in it. Now it's looking like they had a top 2 team as well.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The Habs could win their next 6 games and the Cup and the same crowd will still say they and the North division suck lol. Sad group of people.

This is the reality of it, but that's ok. Whiners get nothing, Winners get their name engraved on the most legendary trophy in history that's still going 100 years later.

Win the next 6 games and get this Habs team a Cup!

Reactions: Lshap and Meatball

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
The narrative about the North division has just confirmed and re-confirmed that the typical hockey fan is a very simpleminded person who can only resort to baseless reductionism. Literally some of the dumbest sports fans I've ever encountered.

They literally can't support their arguments about the North division being shit beyond repeating the same argument masquerading as fact ad nausea.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
The Habs are the only North Division team that attempted to play a lick of defense.

Also getting carried by Price.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
The Habs are the only North Division team that attempted to play a lick of defense.

Always funny when teams are criticized for having a good goalie who is a part of the team.

I guess we should start judging teams by pretending what the results would be if we removed their goalie and replaced him with an average goalie.

Reactions: SniperHF

frankdave

Apr 15, 2017
Always funny when teams are criticized for having a good goalie who is a part of the team.

I guess we should start judging teams by pretending what the results would be if we removed their goalie and replaced him with an average goalie.
Why not remove THE star player for each team instead ?

For the Habs, its Price

For the other teams ?

heck….. Kucherov, Barzal, Pietrangelo or Stone (??), Mattews, Oveshkin, McDavid, etc etc etc

Now lets see what their respective teams would do

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

Not a knock on the team, goalies a part of the team yadda yadda, but Price is def a big part of them being up 2-1 with how Vegas forecheck spent so much time in their zone all last game. Also not being Fluery helps lol

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
“Shit division” was always overblown though I still think it was the weakest division. NHL, parity (and sample size; teams get hot/cold at the right/wrong time every year)

I think they need to actually get out of their first non-north round though, this thread is slightly premature considering they got controlled much of game three and only got to OT on a massive choke by Playoff Fleury. They’re in it though

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Maybe the Leafs were actually really good and only lost because the Habs are really really good. Food for thought. mmmmmm foooooood.

Habs are overachieving, regardless how well they do. They are better than everyone thought, but they got hot at the right time. That is all in my opinion.

Even if Montreal wins the Cup, its doesnt mean the North was the strongest division.

Reactions: BlueMed

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Urge to grind intensifying

upload_2021-6-20_19-6-23.png

The "only price" thing is as stupid as its ever been.

1) he's on the team, just like every teams best player

2) he played fewer games than Allen, less than half the season

Reactions: notDatsyuk

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
North division had the best players in the world in it. Now it's looking like they had a top 2 team as well.
Really? The West was also terrible. I don't think this small sample size says much of anything.

In a standard league format, Vegas might still be there because of how terrible the Pacific would've been, but I seriously doubt the Habs would've even made the playoffs.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
First line centers we took out from the north:

John Tavares and Mark Scheifele
40 goal, ppg dudes

First line center from the west:

Some chandler dude from Saskatoon, sk.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Really? The West was also terrible. I don't think this small sample size says much of anything.

In a standard league format, Vegas might still be there because of how terrible the Pacific would've been, but I seriously doubt the Habs would've even made the playoffs.
Based on what? They had one of the worst schedules in the league and finished 4th. Any logic would say that a better schedule combined with what they’ve proven in the playoffs means they would likely have finished better in the regular season.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Based on what? They had one of the worst schedules in the league and finished 4th. Any logic would say that a better schedule combined with what they’ve proven in the playoffs means they would likely have finished better in the regular season.
Based on being in a better division, and the fact that Wildcard would come into play.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I thought it was a universal understanding the North is trash and worst in the league, EXCEPT when it pertains to the Leafs?
The funny part is that, if the Leafs had won the North, this series could well be over by now, and there would be 'proof' that the North sucks.

Good thing it's Montreal.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Sorry everyone, Montreal fans are eating a dump truck of Crow. It might take them awhile to be able to post again.

Guess winning 2 games doesn't actually win you the series.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->