Post-Game Talk (GBU): So much compete

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I've seen some touch on Corsi and frankly thats missing the point. That will only improve when the talent on the team improves. But hard work, hustle and sacrifice in our zone should reduce the amount of those attempted shots that get on net. Hence the 1st period last night.
Actually that wasn't my point at all. It was a supporting piece of evidence (shouldn't CORSI improve if everyone's work ethic improved?) My point is that I don't buy that the "hard work" and "dedication" (yadda yadda yadda) were significantly higher tonight than other nights, particularly in the last two periods. I think, largely, the difference is more in the viewer's perception than any reality taking place on the ice.

For all the talk, they still gave up 28 shots in the final two periods. They got a one period bounce. Whoopie. This team's still going to be unwatchable most nights.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Actually that wasn't my point at all. It was a supporting piece of evidence (shouldn't CORSI improve if everyone's work ethic improved?) My point is that I don't buy that the "hard work" and "dedication" (yadda yadda yadda) were significantly higher tonight than other nights, particularly in the last two periods. I think, largely, the difference is more in the viewer's perception than any reality taking place on the ice.

For all the talk, they still gave up 28 shots in the final two periods. They got a one period bounce. Whoopie. This team's still going to be unwatchable most nights.

Even if you're right, can't we just enjoy the day?

I don't care what the advanced stats show - they looked significantly better last night, and it wasn't just hard work. The D was activating better, the power play had more movement, and the passing was crisper. I doubt Nolan was responsible for better passing, but he does seem to have changed the mood for now.

Anyway, that was the most entertaining game I've watched in a long time. Myers and Stafford were in beast mode last night. Props to Foligno on that goal. I don't think I saw anyone mention that. I love how hard he drove the net and still was able to make the perfect redirect. (Nice pass from Ott, too.) Tropp is a wild man. Not sure how talented he is, but he definitely brings a spark and makes stuff happen. Rayzor was right to point out how Tropp drew the penalty that led to Ott's PP goal.

Good stuff!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

True, but there's enough negative truth spamming this board daily. Let's just enjoy the fact we beat the leafs at home in front of thousands of their fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->