so many new players possible

jessejames

Sep 1, 2009
Carberry, MB, Canada
I've been a Blues' fan since the team's first season and I don't know if there has ever been a situation like the present with so many players competing for spots (with the exception of the first season). It's exciting!

Steen, Backes, Oshie, Stastny, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Berglund, Paajarvi, Lindstrom, Lehtera, Mueller, Lapierre, Reeves, Ott, Jaskin, Porter -- sixteen forwards vying for 12 or 13 spots. And that's not including Rattie, Barbashev, or Fabbri (yeah, these guys are long shots).

Goal and defense are more settled, still Butler could foreseeably make the top 6 and Allen may take over the number one spot sooner rather than later.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
It is interesting indeed. I already forgot we signed Mueller. Any one of these new signings have potential to be great. I would like to see Paajarvi start the first 20 games. It would tell us what he is capable of and if we should take him serious as a top 9 role or not. I think Lappy should be full time. I honestly wish we didn't sign Ott. I don't mind him but idk...

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Unless Cole or Leopold get injured (or traded), Butler is simply a depth signing and will be playing for the Chicago Wolves.

I think the Blues will makes some small moves after or during camp.

Still have to sign Schwartz too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad