So long to the Pool Man

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Much maligned, under-appreciated, miscast on the first pair, you were a good soldier for us for the last few years.

Congratulations on your new contract and thanks for taking all that money from Van. :laugh: Good luck with your new team. I wish you nothing but success, except when you are playing the Jets.
Vancouver is expecting more than he is. I love the late bloomer success of a 5th round pic. But he is a 3rd pair guy and shouldn't play higher than that.

Reactions: kellhunter

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Vancouver is expecting more than he is. I love the late bloomer success of a 5th round pic. But he is a 3rd pair guy and shouldn't play higher than that.

I agree. I think he is a GOOD 3rd pair guy though.

But Van will be disappointed if they are expecting more than that.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
I agree. I think he is a GOOD 3rd pair guy though.

But Van will be disappointed if they are expecting more than that.
At that price I am sure Benning hopes he can play higher up the line up.
Watching Benning in the Vancouver market is like driving by a 6 car pile up on the freeway. Cant take your eyes off it and wondering how they walked away alive. Cant believe that guy still has a job.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Usually I'm a bit sad when we lose players that we drafted but I'm not too cut up about Poolman
I'll keep an eye on him in the future though

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good luck, he was a very solid 3rd pairing guy. Sadly he was pushed into roles at times that didn’t suit his skill set, hopefully he plays bottom pairing with the Nucks where he can excel.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Tucker was always one of my favourite dark horses.
I thought his ceiling would have been 2nd pairing and I think he has a bit more offence to show still.
But a solid 3rd pairing guy and I’m glad that he at least got a chance to play here.
Good luck Tucker!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Good luck, he was a very solid 3rd pairing guy. Sadly he was pushed into roles at times that didn’t suit his skill set, hopefully he plays bottom pairing with the Nucks where he can excel.

That is entirely debatable, biggest disappointment for me with Poolman was that he ever seemed to elevate his game over what it was when he first started with the Jets!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Always liked Poolman the person. Thought he was a solid 3rd pairing D man. Really glad he got paid and I wish him nothing but success in Vancouver.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I am very happy for him and his family for his contract and $. Vancouver must have a crystal ball about him getting way better fast, because that contract does not correlate well to his his on ice performance to date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad