So Long Red Seats at LCA

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Just to give my overall opinion on this subject one more time:

I am a huge Red Wings fan. I completely support ownership and management and in no way am I protesting.

I just got offered free Red Wings tickets for this Thursday. This will probably be the only time this year that I accept the free tickets. Between parking, food, and beer it will probably still cost me over $100 despite the most expensive aspect being covered. Between driving, parking, the game, and leaving the arena, this will take up my entire night starting at 5:00 and I'll be getting less than normal sleep for work in the morning.

Or I could watch the game at home. Sitting on a couch. Getting things done before/after/during intermissions. Cheap food and beer. Replay, DVR. Other games/things on tv during stoppages and intermissions.

The home experience is 1000Xs better for me, even when I get tickets for free. Sports as a whole, need to take a serious look at themselves if they want to continue having fans at games in the future

That's nice and not untrue for a lot of people, but even losing NHL teams are selling thousands of tickets at pretty insane prices. The reality is that a ton of people have the money and time to go to games and will do it if they think it's going to be a cool/entertaining thing to do. The issue here is obviously that going to see the Wings is not a very cool or entertaining thing to do and hasn't been for a number of years.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
That's nice and not untrue for a lot of people, but even losing NHL teams are selling thousands of tickets at pretty insane prices. The reality is that a ton of people have the money and time to go to games and will do it if they think it's going to be a cool/entertaining thing to do. The issue here is obviously that going to see the Wings is not a very cool or entertaining thing to do and hasn't been for a number of years.

Ya... No Facebook/Instagram cred for posting selfies with friends at Red Wings games anymore

:help:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Does anybody know what they'll do with the removed red seats? I wouldn't mind buying a couple for the man cave.

Here's a story on Blashill, but scrolling down, they say there's still Joe Louis seats available for $50 each:

Red Wings may face tough decision on Jeff Blashill if losing snowballs

"Here’s your last chance to buy the old seats from Joe Louis Arena. They cost $50.

"Ahh, the Joe seats — for when you want to recapture the nostalgia of sitting in seats so tight they made kids’ booster chairs at Red Robin seem like the Iron Throne."

I don't have any interest in the JLA seats, but the red seats in LCA are pretty nice. If anybody hears any news, please share on the board, or PM me.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Does anybody know what they'll do with the removed red seats? I wouldn't mind buying a couple for the man cave.

Here's a story on Blashill, but scrolling down, they say there's still Joe Louis seats available for $50 each:

Red Wings may face tough decision on Jeff Blashill if losing snowballs

"Here’s your last chance to buy the old seats from Joe Louis Arena. They cost $50.

"Ahh, the Joe seats — for when you want to recapture the nostalgia of sitting in seats so tight they made kids’ booster chairs at Red Robin seem like the Iron Throne."

I don't have any interest in the JLA seats, but the red seats in LCA are pretty nice. If anybody hears any news, please share on the board, or PM me.

Probably just reupholstering them rather than complete replace. If it was a total replace I assume they'd bulk sell them to a minor league arena being built somewhere.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
So why choose black for the seat choice -

Pistons' third jerseys are just by chance black -

Dq7GVZOW4AARUwc.jpg

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So why choose black for the seat choice -

Pistons' third jerseys are just by chance black -

Dq7GVZOW4AARUwc.jpg

I do not like these. Blue with red and white trim and white with red and blue trim. That should be it. This isn't far off from the teal.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Damn, Detroit fans care a lot more about the color of things than I would've expected.

Reactions: KJoe88

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I don't have any facts to back this up, but I heard a season ticket holder on the radio saying their lower bowl season tickets were astronomically higher in price than at the JLA, which makes sense.

But they also said they INCLUDE free food and drink in the lounges/bars down there, so, people are actually at the game - they're just getting their moneys worth and eating/drinking and watching on tv.

I don't think it has much at all to do with the on-ice product, same stuff that was going on at JLA but now even the people that are physically there don't have any reason to be in their seats really.

The folks in the marketing department that didn't see that coming should be let go, inexcusable oversight.

Reactions: hkydave04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad