So Long Red Seats at LCA

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I mean.... you could just put a product worth watching on the ice? Cut the ties with the dead weight of Abdelkader, and Erricson, Howard and Helm.. give the fans a fresh start. A young team with identity, even when losing is something fans can embrace... I think we are slowly getting to that point but more needs to be done.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I mean.... you could just put a product worth watching on the ice? Cut the ties with the dead weight of Abdelkader, and Erricson, Howard and Helm.. give the fans a fresh start. A young team with identity, even when losing is something fans can embrace... I think we are slowly getting to that point but more needs to be done.

....but that's exactly what they're doing

Reactions: kliq and Oddbob

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Is this a joke?

That arena is beautiful and them red seats really set it off. Crazy

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

you aren't filling up an arena if the team sucks, even if they like the direction of the team. Tickets are too expensive for that

Reactions: hkydave04

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
....but that's exactly what they're doing

1 roster player sold over the last 3 seasons? It's an extremely slow approach, far from "exactly" what ss was proposing. Remember all the rumors about trading Glendening, Howard, Nyquist, and Green? It was all hot air, blowing from the asses known as Helene and Custance. The Wings are moving as usual at a snail's pace, letting time just wash away their overpriced contracts.

This year LCA could be the most attended arena in the world. Little Caesars Arena likely will near top of world's most-attended arenas this year

The multi-billionaire corp. Illich Holdings doesn't need to concern themselves over the Wings or Pistons.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I like the idea of creating a team of CGI artists to superimpose a crowd into the arena every night. But random fake fans? No, we can do better. We are talking about an arena built from the nutritious dough of the greatest pizza empire on Earth.

Imagine, the camera pans past the players' bench and what is it you see? Shrek, Wreck It Ralph, Nemo, Gollum, and those blue assholes from Avatar.

So instead of work talk being, "Hey Bill, did you see the Wings game last night? Geez, what a stinker. But hey, they are rebuilding, I guess."
With Bench-o-vision 2.0, "Bill, I was watching the Wings and I saw Buzz Lightyear slamming beers with Kung Fu Panda. Incredible! Oh right, and Larkin did a thing, I don't know, I couldn't really notice with how full the crowd was with Minions and droids from the hit prequel Star Wars: The Phantom Menace."

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
The multi-billionaire corp. Illich Holdings doesn't need to concern themselves over the Wings or Pistons.

But a corporation like this doesn't like to make these type of headlines.

Next will be holographic images projected on the seats.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
The biggest problem is the seats (that are sold) that cost hundreds of dollars a piece, and encourage you to not be in those seats, are the ones most visible on tv. That was a terrible idea.

But please, keep telling yourselves that your "protests" are doing something

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
You think they would have thought about this happening BEFORE they bought all those red seats during construction.

"Hey guys, you think red is a bad color choice for lower bowl seating right now since the Wings are probably going to be terrible when the arena is built and fans won't want to go to the games?"

"Nah, there is no way that will happen!"

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad