So is this thing over or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

habitue*

Icey said:
I am a fan as well as a season ticket holder and I hope they cancel the season. Its just too late for it. Teams will never be able to get players signed, into training camp and any semblance of a season. Chicago has 5 players signed, Boston has 11. How do they sign over half their team in 2 or 3 days.

Despite the fact that players have been playing, lets face it, most of them are out of shape and in no shape to start a season without at least a 7-10 training camp.

The cup? well it will always have that " * " next to it. No matter who wins it will ever view them as true Stanley Cup champions.

So I say forget the season, get a deal done and concentrate on relaunching the NHL for the fall.

There was actually something written about this today

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/hockey/10772991.htm

Yeah. Fix the darn thing once and for all. And one more third of a seaon without salaries will make them think about their "philosophy" !

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
habitué said:
I do hope that this season is OVER ! They should take the next few months to FIX the NHL totally - business wise and hockey wise. The harm has been done already in the USA.

I guess most of the players will want to come back next September even with a rigid salary cap.

For me, a 28 game season doen't make sense at all. Are they gonna give trophies ? I cannot imagine handing the Stanley Cup after such a ****** year...

You know what would be the great thing about a 28 game season this year? Is to do that that then an agreement was reached and we don't have to start this junk all over again in August-September for the 2005-2006 season.

The HW

Jan 27, 2005
As a ticket holder, I'm not sure that I even want the NHL back this season... I miss the games, but I have better things to do with that cash this year than see whatever they can scrape together and call a season.

To profit from a year's worth of dithering, they'll offer me a sub-par product thrown together at the last minute? Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->