So is anyone a Yellow Horn fan yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
This guy is still lighting it up in the dub as a 17 yr old, leading his team and the league in points. He's a little guy, but doing things alot of big guys aren't doing! He has more points than Brule, Setoguchi, McArdle, etc.

He was huge tonight as he racked up 4 goals and 1 assist against the #2 team in the CHL, the Kootenay Ice. In that was a natural hat-trick and to top it off the OT winner for Lethbridge. Canadian WJC goalie Jeff Glass was lit up tonite by Yellow Horn.

Hockeycanada*

I have seen him play in a few games on TV and am very impressed with him. He seems to be very effective even with his small size.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
At his size, any player needs to basically have unreal skills. While YH may be doing good, i don't think he has the talents small guys like Fleury, St. Louis possessed.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I like em', but face it Hablover he isn't the next Fleury. He's in a good situation with Lethbridge, I think his point total may be a big inflated as compared to how good he actually is.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
If he bulks up to 190-200lbs and keeps improving his skill I bet people will forget he's only 5'7''. Seems he has similar potential and challenges as Nigel Dawes at this point. They seem to have the odds against them, but everyone wants them to succeed.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Avoids traffic, inconsistent, easily knocked off the puck, but most importantly, he is an average skater. Little guys need to be great skaters to succeed in the NHL.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Unbiased Canadian said:
This guy sums up Yellowhorn to a tee.

He's pretty quick and everyone keeps waiting for the cinderella season to come to an end but he keeps on getting the points. The bubble will burst some day, but it's fun to watch right now..

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
loudi94 said:
He's pretty quick and everyone keeps waiting for the cinderella season to come to an end but he keeps on getting the points. The bubble will burst some day, but it's fun to watch right now..

I don't argue with you....it is fun to watch.....I was at the game last night and it was the best atmosphere in the Enmax in probably 5-6 years at least.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Unbiased Canadian said:
I don't argue with you....it is fun to watch.....I was at the game last night and it was the best atmosphere in the Enmax in probably 5-6 years at least.

I know, I had my 8 week old there. It was way louder than the 2 'Hat games. Reffing was junk and if not for Glass, that game would have been over early.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sure I'm a fan, but being a fan doesn't mean I think he has any pro potential. I was a fan of Chris St. Jacques and Todd Robinson, too. Both similar talents to Yellowhorn, neither one even drafted.

As others have mentioned, he's an average skater, not very gritty, and absolutely tiny. He'll make a decent living putting up points in the ECHL or in the Swiss/German leagues, but his NHL chances are slim to none. If he's drafted, it'll be in the 8th-9th rounds.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
MS said:
Sure I'm a fan, but being a fan doesn't mean I think he has any pro potential. I was a fan of Chris St. Jacques and Todd Robinson, too. Both similar talents to Yellowhorn, neither one even drafted.

As others have mentioned, he's an average skater, not very gritty, and absolutely tiny. He'll make a decent living putting up points in the ECHL or in the Swiss/German leagues, but his NHL chances are slim to none. If he's drafted, it'll be in the 8th-9th rounds.

Neither one of St. Jacques or Robinson was anywhere near the WHL leaders in points when they were 17.

Filewich is the only one on his team anywhere close in points and he's 3 years older. The other guys on the team have close to half the points Yellowhorn does.

If it's a normal draft he'll likely go in the 5th or 6th round at least. No way he doesn't get drafted.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I'm a fan of his name for sure. I think he should get drafted around the 4th or 5th round. It looks like he has amazing offensive skills wich could realy help him if he wants to go pro but he would have to overcome some size issues. His offensive instincts are simply too good to overlook and not draft him.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Leaf Army said:
If it's a normal draft he'll likely go in the 5th or 6th round at least. No way he doesn't get drafted.

I agree with the 5-6th round. Similar to Nigel Dawes like I stated above. There's a lot of 6'2 220lbs d-man in the Dub and they're not stopping this guy. :dunno: Who knows, maybe he could be the first soft, slow-footed shrimp to succeed in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad