so...I was told today by a source close to agent Brian Lawton that AJ Thelen's

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
...stock has been rising in the past week, and that some teams consider him a top 3 pick...

this is from a very reliable source, and my boss and AJ's dad are close friends, so alot of what has been going on in the Thelen camp has been spread to me...take it as what you want...

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
King Henry I said:
I just don't see anybody taking a guy who won't play in the NHL until 2007 over Cam Barker.

Nice Avatar that's for sure.

Sorry if I don't answer the subject, such a nice avatar

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
King Henry I said:
I just don't see anybody taking a guy who won't play in the NHL until 2007 over Cam Barker.

And why won't he play till '07? Thelen I would pick over Barker but that's just me, I don't think he'll go top 3 at all, but I think he's the top defensemen in the draft. I've seen him more then Barker who I've only seen three times. I had some weak hopes of him dropping on draft day and the Habs trading up to get him, guess that won't happen.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
McDonald19 said:
so you are saying that he has actually passed up Barker as the #1 d-man available in the draft???

well, us internet nerds @ the HF boards consider Barker the top d-man...gm's, scouts, and team officials may see otherwise...no offense.

I guess yesterday Thelen was on the phone with Carolina and New Jersey during the course of the day...

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
King Henry I said:

what makes you think that he won't be in the nhl till 2007? if the ncaa didn't change the opt-in rule, thelen would have left MSU and played next year in juniors (putting him in the same boat as barker) and i've heard speculation that he'll probably leave MSU after next year to turn pro anyway

you draft for the future and years down the road...so you pick barker over thelen because you think he is the better player, NOT because you expect him to arrive a year sooner

db23

Dos anyone remember db23 prediction from a few months back that Thelen would be a top 5 pick? :bow:

Prucha73

I kinda wonder, how does a player's stock rises when the season has been over for a long while? Is it simply hype?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
db23 said:
Dos anyone remember db23 prediction from a few months back that Thelen would be a top 5 pick? :bow:

Not sure what's worse:

1-refering to yourself in the 3rd person
2-having a bad case of auto-worshipis

Keep on being youself, we need a comic relief!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
King Henry I said:
I had read that he intended to stay at MSU...plus, most GM's don't view him as NHL ready, so a few years in the NCAA to develop couldn't hurt him.

AJ told SJ he'd be willing to leave school after one more year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2004/columns/story?id=1829642

Burke would like to know when Thelen might consider leaving school.

"I think I would be ready after next year," he says.

How would his parents feel about that?

"They'll back me up on anything I decide, anything I want to do," Thelen says.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Since ISS doesn't have Barker rated as the best d-man in the draft, I wouldn't be shocked if a team or two had Thelen rated ahead of Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->