So I’m a truck driver ....

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
So I’m a 6-4 250 pound over the road truck driver who sits on his ass and eats honey buns and hotdogs 24/7.

Honestly I’m sick of it and I want to lose weight and workout but it’s hard out here on the road.

Anyone a trucker on these forums ?

Reactions: Mrb1p

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Hmm while I am not a trucker, I sympathize. It's gonna be tough to do. not impossible but tough.

The first thing is .. food. Gotta eat better. Don't long haul trucks have fridges in them? If so, make use of it. Healthy foods that can be kept cold. Use coolers if you have to for other items.

The exercise .. wow. I don't even know. I guess just basic cardio like jogging after you stop driving. Or jump rope. Anything that will get your heart pumping a bit.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Losing weight is more about diet than exercise. Both are extremely helpful, but diet is more important and has a bigger impact. If you have the ability to pack meals and store them in a fridge or cooler, then I think it should be manageable for you.

Are you doing one route and ended up back at home ate the end of the day, or are you driving multi-day routes? Being able to come home at the end of the day could be a huge benefit for you, being able to pack yourself healthy meals for the trip and knowing you don't have to stop somewhere along the way and eat junk.

Here's a few interesting links worth checking out:

Iron Trucker Fitness app uses truck, trailer for exercises

7 Rules Of On-The-Road Fitness

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Losing weight is more about diet than exercise. Both are extremely helpful, but diet is more important and has a bigger impact. If you have the ability to pack meals and store them in a fridge or cooler, then I think it should be manageable for you.

Are you doing one route and ended up back at home ate the end of the day, or are you driving multi-day routes? Being able to come home at the end of the day could be a huge benefit for you, being able to pack yourself healthy meals for the trip and knowing you don't have to stop somewhere along the way and eat junk.

Here's a few interesting links worth checking out:

Iron Trucker Fitness app uses truck, trailer for exercises

7 Rules Of On-The-Road Fitness

Unfortunately I’m a “over the road driver” ....

I drive everywhere and anywhere for 3/4 months before I come home. So I can’t cook and pack meals. I’m also a team driver, so the truck only stops for fuel and showers ect.
One guy sleeps while one guy drives.

I take a 30 min break per day, I usually run around my truck looking like a idiot.

My blood pressure is 143-70 so it’s bad but not deadly bad yet

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I could only eat one meal a day and take vitamins to make up for it. Add walking for 30 min a day and I might be okay.

I don’t know honestly

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
That job sounds brutal.
It blows but it’s good money

You work 14 hour days, only food options are fast food. You live in a small truck with a random stranger and if you’re tired and make one mistake you just killed someone and now you’re going to prison.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It blows but it’s good money

You work 14 hour days, only food options are fast food. You live in a small truck with a random stranger and if you’re tired and make one mistake you just killed someone and now you’re going to prison.

Something I like to do when I don't have a park or much space is pushups-situps-squats.

Start at a low number, say 2 sets of each one hour. Ramp it up to 3 sets of each when you're ready.

Hope that helps, I'm rooting for you man.

Reactions: badboy1994

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I decided that I’m just going to eat less and stick to a 1,500 calorie diet.

I should be able to drop a pound a week this way ......

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Get a fitness sporttester that tracks the calories you burn and adjust your diet so your intake is slightly below what you give away.

The main thing is, eat and drink well. Cut the hot dogs. Eat whole grains, quality meat (a steak will do), quality fats. Cut the processed junk. Trust me, it's only hard at the start. It only gets easier with time. Healthy food tastes great after a while.

Stay away from sweets and soda. If you strive for candy, eat a quality meal instead. Drink only water or a natural tea. Cut the energy drinks if possible. And... Yeah, try to stay away from beer and alcohol in general.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I decided that I’m just going to eat less and stick to a 1,500 calorie diet.

I should be able to drop a pound a week this way ......

There’s no way your math here is accurate. You need to eat at a 3500 calorie deficit a week to lose a lb, or 500 calorie deficit a day. There’s no way that’s only a 500 calorie deficit for a 250 lb man. Your math would probably see you losing 2-3 lbs a week if that’s what you go with and stick with. I wouldn’t suggest that though. Figure out your energy requirements (can be easily walked through with a quick google) and then go with a 500 calorie deficit from there.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
I would start out and make sure your truck seat has proper lumbar support. If not you should get a lumbar pillow. A bad back sucks.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Drink water instead of coffee/pop
Get enough sleep
Eat any vegetable you can find. If that means a veggie sub at Subway, so be it. At least it's something, y'know?

Good luck!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Quit cheese and creme/sauce, quit butter, quit sugary drinks and drink as much water as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad