So how was the giant Budweiser red light?

y2gray

Jul 27, 2011
I was at the street party yesterday. It's massive, but the light wasn't all that bright or pronounced in my opinion when the Jets scored. They also had a different goal horn sound piping through the speakers (it might be the standard Budwiser goal sound, I have no idea and stay away from Budweiser at all times, haha).

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Gonna have to make a joke about you drinking a lot of Budweiser just based on the grammar in the title so here it goes:

Seems like you’ve had a lot of Budweiser to drink.

But anyway, I’m just kidding around. I thought that light was cool, but I agree with the other guy that I never really noticed it when it went off. Didn’t help of course that it was way behind us.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Yes the light does go off when the Jets score. Was watching the stream and noticed that it had gone off.

As an aside CityTV on facebook has a good stream of the Donald St party - I think the same CBC uses. It runs for the whole game. There is about a 10 second delay so cool to watch the game and then quickly flip over to the stream when the Jets score and watch the celebration.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm not impressed with the big Bud light. For something that big, it should go off when the Jet's score--should be very "bright red" and sirens should go off at the same time. It should be very distinct and capture your attention.

Also maybe they should have the image of a Hockey player "in the light"-- celebrating a goal when the Jet's score--"something more dramatic."

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yes the light does go off when the Jets score. Was watching the stream and noticed that it had gone off.

As an aside CityTV on facebook has a good stream of the Donald St party - I think the same CBC uses. It runs for the whole game. There is about a 10 second delay so cool to watch the game and then quickly flip over to the stream when the Jets score and watch the celebration.

Got a link to that? I don’t see much on the citytv Facebook page

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
^^^ Search for “CityNews Winnipeg” on facebook. That’s where you will find it! :)

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

I was there, I had a bit toooooo much to drink and could hardly see the screen at the best of times, let alone when some giraffe decided to walk up to the front and stand in front of everyone. I turned around to see the light when the Jets scored and it was barely noticeable. Pretty crappy light imo.

Felt like everywhere I went this guy showed up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad