So how’s was the arena viewing ?

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I wasn’t there but it clearly wasn’t near full capacity. They were only selling lower bowl and it looks like the mass of people were only between the blue lines.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Given that the original plan was to open both levels, attendance would have to be considered disappointing. Honestly, I just don't get why anyone would go to this. If you want to cheer them on in public, go to a bar. You don't have to pay just to get through the door, the seats are more comfortable, the beer is cheaper, and it's a lot easier to converse with your buds around a table instead of stretched out in a row. Not to mention the neck ache you're going to have next morning from spending hours looking up at the screens. For viewing comfort, it would be smarter to have everyone in the upper deck.

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
Given that the original plan was to open both levels, attendance would have to be considered disappointing. Honestly, I just don't get why anyone would go to this. If you want to cheer them on in public, go to a bar. You don't have to pay just to get through the door, the seats are more comfortable, the beer is cheaper, and it's a lot easier to converse with your buds around a table instead of stretched out in a row. Not to mention the neck ache you're going to have next morning from spending hours looking up at the screens. For viewing comfort, it would be smarter to have everyone in the upper deck.

It’s nice they are giving people the option. But I agree. I’ve never really understood this concept. I’d rather watch at home or in a bar with my friends and not pay $10 a beer. But i imagine as the series goes on more people will go. Either way, no matter where you are watching. GO JETS GO!

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
The ONLY reason I'd ever consider going to the BMP viewing party is so my wife could "go somewhere" to experience the large group social aspects that she desires while I'm still able to actually hear the audio of the broadcast. Unless one of you fine folks can tell me of a bar or lounge where they turn up the audio loud enough to actually hear it?

Reactions: SoupaTroupa
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Exactly. Not to mention the Loge seats

Reactions: Hobby Bull

1stDan

Jan 6, 2018
I wish I lived closer

I was at game 1 of the minnie beatdown

I'll be at game 4 of the Nashville series.

We will see from there.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
I took the wife and kids and it was actually a lot of fun. We snagged the best seats in the house imho - 206 row four. Right at center ice, first row of the section, on the aisle. My wife came up with the idea; there's no way we could take all four of our kids to a playoff game so this gave them a taste of the experience. Being in 200 there was no craning of the neck to look up and we had a full frontal view of the screen.

It looked like there were a decent number of seats filled between the blue lines and in the end zones but the corners were pretty sparse. No surprise since those seats have a view of the corner of the scoreboard.

My seven year old was right confused though. He twice asked when the players were coming out. When he finally understood that the game was in Nashville he asked 'why don't we go to Nashville to watch the game?'

I gotta say it was surprisingly loud for a small crowd. Can't wait to take in an actual game! I had to miss the first round because of that Honduras scuba trip.

m.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I haven’t gone, but could definitely see it being a fun environment to watch a game. There’s something about a huge group screaming and cheering...

Reactions: Sabadecade

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Yup, at $10pp for charity, at that price, you can't even complain. They throw in a towel keepsake as well.

The only viewing party I've been to was the 1st Draft Party, they lower the scoreboard so there's no "straining" you neck looking up at the screen.

It would be a great affordable way to treat the kids to a playoff game style experience with the whiteout crowd waving towels etc.

I'd consider going if I didn't already have a great get-together thing going with the neighbors, the kids can "go play" and we can watch the game pretty good without too many interruptions.

Reactions: RyanHockeyVods

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Great deal for TNSE. Charge cheap prices to get people in the door that goes to charity. Then keep the profit on the extremely marked up concessions.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Unless the building is near full, I don't think they can recoup costs.
Seems to me they wouldn't configure the arena for small events if they needed a full building to break even. E.g:
1718TNSE-FO-009-02_BMP-Seating-Charts_THEATRE-A-LOWER-BOWL_v1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad