So, Good News

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Some may of remember my post a little while ago about how I suffered my first major injury in 14 years of hockey...well I missed a week of hockey with a broken thumb, we went for my appointment and they gave me a cast. The good news? I can play with this cast :)

I had to buy a glove one size larger in order to fit my cast in. Yesterday I went on the ice for the first time with it...I had some pain shooting trying to flick my wrist when I shot, but I figured it out and can shoot decently, but more importantly I can still stick handle basically the same, and I can pass the puck with minimal power loss in my passes. Those are two of my stronger assets so I was glad to see that they weren't affected as much.

Just so happy so thought I would share...feel free to share any injury experiences/good news lately. :)

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
awesome news that you were cleared to play. just be careful with how it may mess with your shooting mechanics due to any compensating for the pain.

AvDog

Congrats on being cleared! It's never fun to have someone tell you you can't go play hockey.

My good injury news: I broke my leg in 3 places during a game last July and last week I went to my first Stick and Puck session since breaking myself. It felt great to finally be able to shoot a puck around while on skates.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Congrats on being cleared! It's never fun to have someone tell you you can't go play hockey.

My good injury news: I broke my leg in 3 places during a game last July and last week I went to my first Stick and Puck session since breaking myself. It felt great to finally be able to shoot a puck around while on skates.

Great news! I can't even imagine how terrible it would be to be off the ice for that long. I was going nuts being off of it for 2 weeks.

Hopefully you have a successful comeback ;)

Tonight's my first game back so hopefully I do well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad