So far the playoffs been surprising

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Rangers are struggling against Washington? Struggling to stay awake maybe. Washington is awful to play and watch. 3-0

I think overall they've been good but wall to wall Carolina to me has looked sharper in their games than NYR has. They had the one horrific 1st period in game 2 but NYR has had stretches, especially early on in each game where for 5-7 minutes it almost feels like the series is against two teams of similar caliber...its simply the Caps lack of finish why they have not gotten burned. If they do that vs Carolina they'd be in trouble and I have been one hyping the idea I think NYR will roll over the Canes if they play to their potential

Reactions: Summer Rose

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
I think overall they've been good but wall to wall Carolina to me has looked sharper in their games than NYR has. They had the one horrific 1st period in game 2 but NYR has had stretches, especially early on in each game where for 5-7 minutes it almost feels like the series is against two teams of similar caliber...its simply the Caps lack of finish why they have not gotten burned. If they do that vs Carolina they'd be in trouble and I have been one hyping the idea I think NYR will roll over the Canes if they play to their potential
Carolina is same soft team they’ve been rolling out year after year. Look good and check all the boxes but don’t have that extra gear you need.

Reactions: Macheteops

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
As others have said, so far there really are no surprises.
In fact the most surprising thing so far is that there have not been any surprises.

You really have to stretch the concept of a surprise to find one - like I did not see Florida blowing Tampa out of the water, or Hellebuyck having a 5.05 GAA.

Last edited:

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
As others have said, so far there really are no surprises.
In fact the most surprising thing so far is that there have not been any surprises.

You really have to stretch the concept of a surprise to find one - like I did not see Florida blowing Tampa out of the water, or Hellebuyck having a 5.05 GAA.

Yep. Not a "surprising first round" or a "round full of surprises" - just a round, within which, you can find something like a player-specific surprise such as GAA for a goalie. But even then, someone who isn't a proven elite playoff goalie contending against clutch-play-off performing star players like MacKinnon & Makar, and clutch really good players like Nichushkin? It still isn't the most shocking thing to see such a high GAA.

Reactions: Leksand

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
LA is a practice round. They play well enough as a team to win a game or two but don't have enough talent to ever beat the Oilers. It's the perfect warm up series for the Oilers to get firing and the D to get used to playoff intensity.

Nashville NYI Washington and Colorado should not even be considered playoff teams. They're not even a good practice round for the real contenders since they won't be any challenge.
Not going to even complain about Nashville, but Colorado? They can beat anyone left in the West imo, including the Oilers.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Worst first round in decades.

The game has gotten dumber but at least you could count on some excitement.

Reactions: trellaine201

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Worst first round in decades.

The game has gotten dumber but at least you could count on some excitement.

we still are alive for no series to go 6 though I suspect one or two still do. I’d feel pretty confident now none go 7

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Overall a pretty boring and lopsided first round. Vegas and Dallas might be the only series that goes the distance. Oilers probably go up 3-1 tonight as well, and I don't see any of the teams down coming back in their series

LA is a practice round. They play well enough as a team to win a game or two but don't have enough talent to ever beat the Oilers. It's the perfect warm up series for the Oilers to get firing and the D to get used to playoff intensity.

Nashville NYI Washington and Colorado should not even be considered playoff teams. They're not even a good practice round for the real contenders since they won't be any challenge.
Including Colorado in this is absolutely deluded. MacK and Makar can win a series on their own

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Not going to even complain about Nashville, but Colorado? They can beat anyone left in the West imo, including the Oilers.
I wasn't expecting the Jets to be an even bigger joke. I'll take the L on including the Aves in there. But any of Vegas Dallas Edmonton and Vancouver (the real teams in the west). Takes out the Aves in round 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Faterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad