Boston Bruins So far in March, the Bruins have played 13 games - 26 points available - They have banked 20

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The B's have had one clunker all month, the game in Sunrise.

The haters all said the compressed schedule would catch up with Boston

upload_2018-3-26_2-15-8.png

Who has more fun than us?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Pretty much everyone on the team has contributed, from the stars to the role players. Even a player like Khudobin. It's great having Rask not burned out this late in the season, and it's also great not having to rush players back from injury just to squeak into the playoffs.

Daryl Reaugh and Craig Ludwig on the Dallas telecast Friday both agreed that were it not for the miracle season of the Vegas Knights, Cassidy would win the Jack Adams.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Pretty much everyone on the team has contributed, from the stars to the role players. Even a player like Khudobin. It's great having Rask not burned out this late in the season, and it's also great not having to rush players back from injury just to squeak into the playoffs.

Daryl Reaugh and Craig Ludwig on the Dallas telecast Friday both agreed that were it not for the miracle season of the Vegas Knights, Cassidy would win the Jack Adams.

The scary thing is we are looking at the Bruins being healthy for the first time this season as the playoffs start.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Small argument to the OP.

It’s not “the haters” (I hate that term almost more than the Habs, btw) that said it would get to them. Logic would dictate that such a crazy schedule would have a negative impact, especially with the injuries. It only makes sense. It should have a negative impact.

What they are doing is f***ing incredible and defies logic. If anyone truly saw this coming, you’re either lying or need to play the lottery.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The scary thing is we are looking at the Bruins being healthy for the first time this season as the playoffs start.

The only thing I'm a little apprehensive about is if they play the Leafs in the first round. Officiating and reviews aside, they haven't looked good in recent memory against them or Andersen. I know they got the monkey off their back as far as their losing streak against them was concerned; but they didn't look great last time in Toronto.

So I'm hoping they win the Atlantic.

Oh and I dig the Pointer Sisters, but was always a little more partial to Sister Sledge!

Last edited by a moderator:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The only thing I'm a little apprehensive about is if they play the Leafs in the first round. Officiating and reviews aside, they haven't looked good in recent memory against them or Andersen. I know they got the monkey off their back as far as their losing streak against them was concerned; but they didn't look great last time in Toronto.

So I'm hoping they win the Atlantic.

Oh and I dig the Pointer Sisters, but was always a little more partial to Sister Sledge!

Had a coworker tell me she hates “We Are Family” the other day. I need to reconsider who I associate with.

As far as the Pointer Sisters, big fan of “Dare Me”.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I thought the schedule could be an issue for them. Add all the injuries and I thought it would be even worse. But goddman this team is impressive. I hope they can hit another gear in the first one and hopefully be healthy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The B's have had one clunker all month, the game in Sunrise.

The haters all said the compressed schedule would catch up with Boston

View attachment 107617

Who has more fun than us?

Not sure I would classify those who thought the schedule would catch up to the B`s as "haters" Fenway (although there are some haters out there) . We all saw March coming on the calendar and it`s pretty natural to look at all those games and have concerns about how a team (Bruins or otherwise) would be able to react, then with all those injuries, not sure any of us here could predict they`d weather the storm of games as well as they have

Unbelievable resiliency within that locker room

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Small argument to the OP.

It’s not “the haters” (I hate that term almost more than the Habs, btw) that said it would get to them. Logic would dictate that such a crazy schedule would have a negative impact, especially with the injuries. It only makes sense. It should have a negative impact.

What they are doing is ****ing incredible and defies logic. If anyone truly saw this coming, you’re either lying or need to play the lottery.

I'm not lying and I do play the lottery. I just never win the jackpot.

But I saw this coming. Have been saying it since mid-January and they were 10 points back of Tampa at the time.

I'm more surprised no one else saw it coming.

Reactions: bearcountry17

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The dude I don't post enough when it comes to how way off I was on the team is the damn coach. There are a lot of players who weren't achieving like this under the downward phase under Claude.

I think Claude's an incredible coach and a slam dunk for the HOF. But when the NHL went young and fast and cut out a lot of the cute stuff in front of the net, I think his coaching style sort of became obsolete. This young 4th line on the Bruins is sort of a testament to that.

Man we really lucked out with Cas

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm not lying and I do play the lottery. I just never win the jackpot.

But I saw this coming. Have been saying it since mid-January and they were 10 points back of Tampa at the time.

I'm more surprised no one else saw it coming.

I'm not looking to question you or your expertise, Dom, but you may be one of the only qualified individuals to be able to say that.

Curious why you thought that they would be putting up points at this pace, with this schedule, battling these injuries?

It seems like it's a perfect storm of everything going right, which almost never happens. It's amazing, but I'm reluctant to believe that it was a foregone conclusion, and if someone didn't see it coming, I certainly wouldn't label them a "hater" (spit spit spit).

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm not looking to question you or your expertise, Dom, but you may be one of the only qualified individuals to be able to say that.

Curious why you thought that they would be putting up points at this pace, with this schedule, battling these injuries?

It seems like it's a perfect storm of everything going right, which almost never happens. It's amazing, but I'm reluctant to believe that it was a foregone conclusion, and if someone didn't see it coming, I certainly wouldn't label them a "hater" (spit spit spit).

I've been watching Sweeney and company (and I stress and company) assemble this team. If I didn't know the player (and by that I mean every aspect of the person) then I talked to those that did.

And what the brass has assembled can be described in one word: Character, And that is exactly what we are seeing.

In 2015 when they traded Hamilton and Lucic, everyone was wondering WTF Sweeney was doing it. We even did a podcast on it. What I said after the draft was "I can see what Sweeney is trying to accomplish, and if he sticks to his guns, this team will be a serious playoff contender in three years and win a cup within 5". (that may come sooner).

In January, to me, I could see that character at the forefront and you just knew, they were going to do something special. No doubt in my mind. It's cliché, but they don't play for themselves, they play for each other. And there is no better team in any sport right now better at it.

They have a confidence in themselves that isn't arrogant. They respect their opponent. When one guy makes a mistake, it's a "don't worry. we've got your back and we'll get that back for you" mentality. Even Tuukka is buying in. When was the last time we saw him stare down a teammate and give that shake of the head?.

As much as I am not surprised by what we are seeing, I don't think I fully appreciate just how special this season has been/will be.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I honestly think this team is actually better than the 2011 cup winning club.
Depth, puck battles, 3rd period comebacks, Stable in every position, winning despite massive injuries and on and on..
Time will tell.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I've been watching Sweeney and company (and I stress and company) assemble this team. If I didn't know the player (and by that I mean every aspect of the person) then I talked to those that did.

And what the brass has assembled can be described in one word: Character, And that is exactly what we are seeing.

In 2015 when they traded Hamilton and Lucic, everyone was wondering WTF Sweeney was doing it. We even did a podcast on it. What I said after the draft was "I can see what Sweeney is trying to accomplish, and if he sticks to his guns, this team will be a serious playoff contender in three years and win a cup within 5". (that may come sooner).

In January, to me, I could see that character at the forefront and you just knew, they were going to do something special. No doubt in my mind. It's cliché, but they don't play for themselves, they play for each other. And there is no better team in any sport right now better at it.

They have a confidence in themselves that isn't arrogant. They respect their opponent. When one guy makes a mistake, it's a "don't worry. we've got your back and we'll get that back for you" mentality. Even Tuukka is buying in. When was the last time we saw him stare down a teammate and give that shake of the head?.

As much as I am not surprised by what we are seeing, I don't think I fully appreciate just how special this season has been/will be.

I don't disagree with any of what you're saying. I certainly haven't put the time into studying the individual players that you have, but vision that Sweeney had when he took over has become more clear and the character on this team is amazing and cannot be argued. I haven't had this much fun watching a regular season in...I don't know if I ever have, to be honest. This team is special, no doubt. They are a likeable bunch...polar opposite of the teams we've been watching the past few years.

That said, I'm a little skeptical that recognizing the character and seeing the long term vision of Sweeney et all would necessarily translate into being able to predict that the team would be functioning at this level during this point in the year. It's one thing to say that this team was being built the right way and would be going on a long successful run for years to come. Predicting that they would be performing at this level, at this point in the season, is a harder of a sell for me. I stand by my opinion that what they are doing defies all logic and is sending shocks through the hockey world. If you predicted it to be happening now, at this point in the season, then I'd call it an occupational hazard and suggest saving your money on the lottery. ;)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Hater was the wrong term for me to use but there is an element on this board that would complain about something even if the team amassed 162 points in a season.

I did think playing 8 of 9 on road would hurt them and I was happily wrong about that.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Hater was the wrong term for me to use but there is an element on this board that would complain about something even if the team amassed 162 points in a season.

I did think playing 8 of 9 on road would hurt them and I was happily wrong about that.

There is an element on this board that would find something to complain about if they hoist the Cup in June.

Reactions: Chief Nine

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't disagree with any of what you're saying. I certainly haven't put the time into studying the individual players that you have, but vision that Sweeney had when he took over has become more clear and the character on this team is amazing and cannot be argued. I haven't had this much fun watching a regular season in...I don't know if I ever have, to be honest. This team is special, no doubt. They are a likeable bunch...polar opposite of the teams we've been watching the past few years.

That said, I'm a little skeptical that recognizing the character and seeing the long term vision of Sweeney et all would necessarily translate into being able to predict that the team would be functioning at this level during this point in the year. It's one thing to say that this team was being built the right way and would be going on a long successful run for years to come. Predicting that they would be performing at this level, at this point in the season, is a harder of a sell for me. I stand by my opinion that what they are doing defies all logic and is sending shocks through the hockey world. If you predicted it to be happening now, at this point in the season, then I'd call it an occupational hazard and suggest saving your money on the lottery. ;)

I guess that's what separates us from the folks that are true students of the game AND more importantly, have first hand information on each player being brought into the fold

With what dom is able to know, it's not surprising to see this team standing against adversity very well through a stretch like this

But I wouldn't call someone who didn't expect this a "hater", more likely they are a Bruins fan who has seen time and time again this team fall on its face, especially when they're decimated with the injuries that they are

I think if anything, now more than ever we as cynical bruins fans can really believe in what Sweeney and Co are building

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->