News Article: So do the oilers do dynamic pricing?

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
This is already done is it not? My tickets vary in price depending on who is playing, same as the Eskimos. As for scalping them for big money, have you seen the reselling site from Ticketmaster? It is currently down at the moment but when I looked last week, tickets in my section (201) were going for over $1150 per ticket for the Farewell game on April 6th. If someone is willing to pay that much I would sell my pair in a heartbeat. I see some in the gold seats are asking almost $10,000 per ticket lol.

http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=oilers

You can also see the resale prices on the current Ticketmaster page for each game.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
^Afaik this is a different animal. Appears to a floating ticket price concept through season tied to demand for any unsold supply. That is in addition to the 5 tier type of game pricing.
The floating pricing is much different than the Oilers do.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Aren't tickets priced the same for each game this year? I seem to recall there being different prices last few years, but I thought they went away from that this year? Could be wrong.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Aren't tickets priced the same for each game this year? I seem to recall there being different prices last few years, but I thought they went away from that this year? Could be wrong.

I only ever check out Gallery ticket pricing but there are different prices for different games for tickets that are unsold.

Strangely its hard to figure out how the tiers are derived. Buffalo is priced higher than LA . What on Earth?!

millax

Dec 24, 2005
I only ever check out Gallery ticket pricing but there are different prices for different games for tickets that are unsold.

Strangely its hard to figure out how the tiers are derived. Buffalo is priced higher than LA . What on Earth?!

Eichel vs. McDavid for the first time in Edmonton.. Pricing the hype?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Eichel vs. McDavid for the first time in Edmonton.. Pricing the hype?

That was my only though about why they would do that.t. But I can't get behind that. I care about McDavid. I don't give a crap about seeing Eichel or the Sabres.

I think the Oilers are overthinking it. Buffalo is a bad team and generally a bad draw everywhere. When you price that team higher than a two time cup winner something is wrong.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

The Oilers always lose to LA, who wants to watch that?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The Oilers always lose to LA, who wants to watch that?

Somebody that loves good hockey and wants to watch a quality hockey game and that involves one of the best teams on the planet.

Do people attend just to see a W?

one of the worst spectacles in any pro sport is a basement bowl. Who wants to see that?

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Somebody that loves good hockey and wants to watch a quality hockey game and that involves one of the best teams on the planet.

Do people attend just to see a W?

one of the worst spectacles in any pro sport is a basement bowl. Who wants to see that?

While it may have a high level of technical skill, watching LA cycle in the Oilers zone for 60 and winning 3-0 isn't the height of entertainment for the average fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad