So Canada hasn't scored in 6 periods...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

Hello Sakic? Iginla? Bertuzzi? Thornton? Gagne? St Louis? Lecavlier? Richards? Doan?

Only Nash has been getting chances and has been Canada's best player. And he hasn't even been that great.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Staal and Spezza should be there. We need some young blood and excitment there. Iginla, Bertuzzi, St Louis don't seem to give a damn. We really need to get some HOT players going into the tournament... instead, we have a bunch of guys sleep walking going into the tournament.

shawn_kemp*

Canada has the best group of forwards, defensemen and goalies in Torino.

What would have Crosby changed?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nash hasn't been that great, I thought Richards was great today and Lecavalier played pretty well. Heatley isn't really getting much ice time. Thornton and Iginla were really bad, IMO.

Phanuthier*

shawn_kemp said:
Canada has the best group of forwards, defensemen and goalies in Torino.

What would have Crosby changed?
Well, you have a big forward (6'4 Thornton, 6'4 Nash, 6'3 Bertuzzi, 6'2 Iginla, 6'4 Lecavlier ect) and speedy forwards (Iginla, Gagne, St Louis ect) yet Finland wins 90% of the puck battles?

This team doesn't seem to care. Like I said, almost all of this team has been sleep walking their way into the tournament. Canda's top scorer's and hottest players are currently sitting at home, while guys like Iginla are standing around doing nothing.

Forever27

Aug 20, 2005
Staal and Spezza should be there, but Staal most of all. He's young, hes hungry, and he's having a hell of a year. Gretzky should ride the guys that are hot. No euphamism intended. :D

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Corto said:
Was Nash on the ice for the third period?
Didn't notice him on a single shift. :dunno:

Bob Old and Harry Feeble were saying that he was injured.

I'm starting to lean towards the "Crosby should be on this team" bandwagon. At least he'd bring some passion to the ice.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Is Gretzky going to go on a tirade again blaming the lack of success on 'american propaganda' ?? Or perhaps now it would be 'european propaganda' this time around?

Knucklez

Jan 1, 2004
Behind the bench!
Visit site
The_Eck said:
Is Gretzky going to go on a tirade again blaming the lack of success on 'american propaganda' ?? Or perhaps now it would be 'european propaganda' this time around?
He's not gonna do anything publicly, at least he shouldn't. It's the round robin and it means next to nothing.

I can't pretend I'm not worried though. We looked like a total mess out there to me, even though the announcers said we were "dominating". We were constantly going offside, not connecting on any passes, fanning on open shots, etc. Our lines are Pejorative Slured, I don't like the combinations that Quinn has put together. Do we really have set scoring lines and checking lines? Because it looks like a big jumble of crap to me. The main reason we were so succesful at the World Cup was because we had set lines that were all firing.

All that said, it's very likely that we'll see a different Team Canada in the playoffs, but there's definetly cause for concern right now.

Hockey_Nut99

Young blood would have been good, but remember...

Ovechkin>>Crosby

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
Richards and St. louis have not played well Stall and Spezza should be playing.

I thought that the two guys should not have been on the team to begin with.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Makarov said:
Wasn't Nash benched in the 3rd period of this game...

He was hurt.

And he hasn't been near Canada's best player. In fact, after these last 2 performances, I don't want to say anyone's been "the best" because even the best has to be pretty bad.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
NCSENSFAN said:
Richards and St. louis have not played well Stall and Spezza should be playing.

I thought that the two guys should not have been on the team to begin with.
LOL

I don't get the criticism of either one of them today. This was St. Louis' best game so far IMO.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Sotnos said:
LOL

I don't get the criticism of either one of them today. This was St. Louis' best game so far IMO.

I agree. He shouldn't have been on the team in the first place, but he was a lot better today.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
As usual, Joe Thornton is not showing up for big games...sure, he'll get his points in the regular season, but once he plays against good teams, he is usually shut down.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
What exactly does Quinn have against Heatley. He has been given almost no ice time and yet he is continually creating chances and has two goals in the tournement. He should be playing either with Sakic and Iginla or with Thornton and Nash.

millions

Feb 8, 2006
I am somewhat confounded by it all. Heard a stat that in NHL terms, team Canada would have a $100 million+ payroll. I would have to say they are underachieving (if there was ever such an understatement).

I actually appreciated the effort the Swiss came up with yesterday, thinking it is a good thing for international competition (how about that flag at the end of the game?). But now, two games in a row, I can't help but admit, I am a little concerned.

Really, the worst scenario I can think of (and still win), is for Canada to totally tank again against the Czechs, then turn it around and sweep the playoof round. It just makes the whole prelims more of a joke than they already already are.

PapaBear*

Phanuthier said:
while guys like Iginla are standing around doing nothing.

Gee surprise, surprise. Iggy floating doing absolutely nothing? No way... :propeller. Wait, its not the 2nd half of the tourney yet, so of course will pick it up :sarcasm:

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Fan-of-#9 said:
Bertuzzi :shakehead
Heatley :shakehead
Iginla :shakehead

Three buffoons.

What else is Heatley suppose to do? He is playing maybe 10 minutes a night, has scored two goals so far and has been creating tons of chances. How does Quinn reward him? Sticking him on a line with Draper. I just cannot understand it.

PapaBear*

Chelios said:
What else is Heatley suppose to do? He is playing maybe 10 minutes a night, has scored two goals so far and has been creating tons of chances. How does Quinn reward him? Sticking him on a line with Draper. I just cannot understand it.

Quinn is a disgrace to the team and to the league. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->