So, can we talk about Lundqvist some more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
biggest factor in balancing playing time between montoya and lundqvist will be whether or not the nhl is back...if the nhl is back there is a good chance that lundqvist will jump directly to ny and leave hartford for montoya

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Levitate said:
if they split games evenly, yes. but who knows if they'd do that.
Even if they don't. 35 appearances is about normal for an NCAA goaltender.

bruins4777*

Montoya should stay in college. He's only a junior right?

He has shown he isn't ready for the next level yet.

Lundquivist i'd like to see battle valiquette and lababera for the starting job in hartford. I don't care what the guy's done in the SEL, its incredibly impressive and he is obviously ready for the next level, but he shouldn't get the job "handed to him". Valiquette and lababera, while not really having NHL talent, are both top tier AHL guys and i want to see lundquivist WIN the job from them and see his adjustment.

wewotti

Mar 22, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
I can't see who you like to be your startie in the NHL if Lundqvist just going to Hartford. Mike Dunham did also play in Sweden this year in a pretty strong team trying to qualify for the SEL. His numbers were 3.29 GAA and 0.886 % as the team failed to take the step up to SEL, he let in 17 goals in the last three games.

And while Lundqvist being the best goalie in regular season and crushing in PO against the likes of Miika Kiprusoff, Jose Theodore, Martin Gerber, Manny Fernandez, Tommy Salo, Pasi Nurminen, (and with few games) Marty Turco and Brian Boucher I think he has proven that he should fight for a starting place against Weekes or Dunham.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
thankfully, dunham has almost no chance of going back to new york. as far as weekes goes, i guess a lot depends on montoya's decision.

and as far as lundqvist, montoya,and even labarbara and valiquette still...i hope, REALLY hope that at least one position is locked up for the rangers organization, now and in the future. :handclap:

and now many more to go :D

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think Labarbera's contract is up after this year, not sure about valliquette.

lundqvists' position will be based on his play i'd bet...if he can handle it, he'll play in the NHL, if not he'll play in the AHL.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
wewotti said:
I can't see who you like to be your startie in the NHL if Lundqvist just going to Hartford. Mike Dunham did also play in Sweden this year in a pretty strong team trying to qualify for the SEL. His numbers were 3.29 GAA and 0.886 % as the team failed to take the step up to SEL, he let in 17 goals in the last three games.

And while Lundqvist being the best goalie in regular season and crushing in PO against the likes of Miika Kiprusoff, Jose Theodore, Martin Gerber, Manny Fernandez, Tommy Salo, Pasi Nurminen, (and with few games) Marty Turco and Brian Boucher I think he has proven that he should fight for a starting place against Weekes or Dunham.

well first off, lundqvist has never played a game in north america or on a nhl-size rink, so there could be a transition period/learning curve for him so starting the year in hartford to get adjustment might help him...

second the biggest reason why he might be in hartford is the fact that there might be no nhl and he isn't coming over to be a replacement player...if the nhl season starts on time, lundqvist will be the rangers #1 goalie by december, but he might not step in as the #1 from day 1.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
fredez said:
Interesting :
Norrena, Fredrik 1,86 93,45
Selected by Tampa-Bay Lightning round 7 #213 overall 2002 NHL Entry Draft
He's 31 years old, which explains why he gets no hype and no love. :)

Lundqvist's #s are just sick, no other way to describe them. The Rangers are in a very good position in terms of goaltending, I'm jealous.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Nice read about Lundqvist, thanks Ola for the link.

http://www.insidehockey.com/aroundtherink/2005_04_11.html

"He's a really good goalie and covers a lot of net," says Swedish hockey hero Peter Forsberg. "I think he's ready, I think he was ready this year. I saw him the first time in Finland in the World Championship, and I was like, who's this guy? He should be playing (in the NHL)."

In a playoff semifinal featuring three NHL goaltenders, he battled vigilantly against Jose Theodore, who complimented the young goalie's style. "He only needs good experience," said Theodore. In another goaltending duel, he outplayed Martin Gerber to win the gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad