Status
Not open for further replies.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I stopped reading at:

There isn’t much Maple Leafs chatter around the league at the moment

Literally if I see one more article on tsn or sportsnet about some obscure TML prospect while ignoring every other Canadian team I'm going to flip my ****.

Aela*

No, they suck, and will start flopping soon. Like every other year.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
Literally if I see one more article on tsn or sportsnet about some obscure TML prospect while ignoring every other Canadian team I'm going to flip my ****.

Where are TSN & Sportsnet located again?

Of course they will cater to the Toronto market. Not to mention they are one of the biggest, if not biggest fan-bases in the league.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I stopped reading at:

Basically any chatter is being drummed up by Leaf fans. Remember the numerous troll threads about the Leafs around the time when they lost 9-2 to the preds and lost to the Sabres? I'm sure you wanted to talk about us back then

alexanderselivanov*

nope. i don't trust them.

last year they went on an 11-2-1 run placing them 2nd in the atlantic only to collapse in the end. where they stand in april is all that matters.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I stopped reading at:

You're going to literally flip your ****?

Like, with a spatula? I hope it's with a spatula. That **** ain't sanitary for bare hands. ;)

I'm pretty sure they mean there is relatively no chatter. There will never actually be no chatter about the Leafs.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Boy, you better not tune into TSN or Sportsnet tomorrow then.

MajorityRules*

Perfect, we needed another Leaf thread on here. The other one was getting old.

Leafs suck. Ask anyone on HFBoards and they'll tell you.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Perfect, we needed another Leaf thread on here. The other one was getting old.

Leafs suck. Ask anyone on HFBoards and they'll tell you.

Yup. They should be in last place and if they aren't it's a fluke, mostly because they are all soft and over paid, oh and bad leaders.

Also every pick they've ever made is a bust, and if they ever make it to the NHL, they are a 3rd/4th lines or bottom pairing D on every other team.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Yup. They should be in last place and if they aren't it's a fluke, mostly because they are all soft and over paid, oh and bad leaders.

Also every pick they've ever made is a bust, and if they ever make it to the NHL, they are a 3rd/4th lines or bottom pairing D on every other team.

It really all comes down to their bad leadership. Trust me I've spent extensive time in their lockerroom and I can tell you that Dion Phaneuf is one of the worst captains in the league. He made fun of Phil Kessel for liking cookies. He wears a Red Bull hat during interviews..

The proof is in the pudding. Just bad leadership through and through.

TOML

Oct 4, 2006
Walnut Grove
They're doing about as well as I expected.

Obviously, it's a long season, and there will be peaks and valleys. Now they're on a streak. This time last month they were losing 15-4 to Buffalo and Nashville. At the end of the day they were always going to be a bubble team this season.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Depends on your definition of "good".

Is there a good chance they make the playoffs? Sure, but 16/30 teams make the playoffs in this league, so let's not pretend that's an accomplishment.

Is there a good chance they win multiple playoff rounds? I personally doubt it. Top line is too weak defensively, and the 2nd pairing on D needs work.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
They're good. Until they don't collapse at the end of the season they will only be good, not great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Where are TSN & Sportsnet located again?

Of course they will cater to the Toronto market. Not to mention they are one of the biggest, if not biggest fan-bases in the league.

Yeah but they're are just as much people who dislike Toronto than like Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad