So...Anyone else a Streaky scoring?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
So...Anyone else a Streaky scorer?

(the title should read So..anyone esle a Streaky scorer btw)

I play defense for my 2 adult leagues and I have to admit I'm a streaky scorer. When I'm on...everything from the point hits the net, and all my passes are mostly perfect..so i rack up the points with ease (average at least a point per game)...but when I'm off.....most of my shots miss the net and my passes aren't that great.

In the past 3 months I was hot for about 2 months and off for a 3 weeks where everything i shot was off. I'm defenseman, but a offensive defenseman... since I played center/RW for the previous 7 seasons as a youth before turning to a defenseman when i joined a adult league.

In the middle everything of my adult experience in the leagues I shot went wide...i was rushing things and that hurt me.

Like NHL players...i lost my confidence and it hurt me....when I have my confidence going I'm a MUCH better player (on the offensive side).

So what about you? Are you streaky? Do you have hot and cold streaks when you have confidence or don't? Or are you always on your game? Or are you a defensive player by nature so you don't worry about the offensive side? (which is NOT A BAD thing at all!! I love your type of players!)

Let here it......

I am pretty streaky, in my 5 games this year I went:
0 points
3 points
1 point
1 point
0 points ( Team got Shutout)
0 points

Hopefully I can be more constant, though its more a team suckiness than me doing anything. I might not get as many points though, because my team needs major :help: on defense, so I am dropping back.

I also try to play as a major defensive winger, because the Center on my line doesn't back check. I have done a pretty good job, so that is why i am getting moved to defense.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
theres always a bounce in your stride after you put up a few points on the board, thats for sure. i think ive played the best hockey after i score a huge goal, not necessarily even when i score the goal. theres always a bounce in ur forecheck and whatnot, i love bein on a streak. see if i can get'r done tonite and continue my teams undefeated season.

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
once you have been scoring i don't think that you feel as much pressure therefore scoring more and more consistantly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->