TV: Snowpiercer season 3

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Season 3 started this week. Good start. I like how opposite the living conditions suddenly are on the two trains. Cold on Wilford's train, hot on the smaller one. I was almost expecting that woman to be Melanie but I'm guessing it's a Russian woman, possibly from a nuclear plant?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Finding that new person was interesting, their are survivors outside the train even if Wilfred does not want to admit it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wow, brilliant plan from Layton to get the train back. Took me this long to figure out that Archie Panjabi is playing Asha. I feel that character is going to cause issues yet.

I think Kevin got exactly what he deserved.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Wow, brilliant plan from Layton to get the train back. Took me this long to figure out that Archie Panjabi is playing Asha. I feel that character is going to cause issues yet.

I think Kevin got exactly what he deserved.

ive been hugely impressed with this series so far, and that most recent episode was one of the best.

just crazy that they still find ways to make a compelling story on the same train in the third season. There is still a lot of story to tell

edit: seems Asha will turn heel. I didn’t care for Layton and company following through on such an obvious lie. It seemed very out of character. But it’s a great way for the writers to work a whole new conflict into the mix

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I watched the movie and remembered thinking it was pretty cool. How does the show compare?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I watched the movie and remembered thinking it was pretty cool. How does the show compare?

It does a whole lot things better. There's more characters but they are developed really well with payoffs coming in the second season. Steven Ogg does far more acting in this than in TWD. The show seems to follow the graphical novel more than the movie.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I knew it was Pike who burned that "tree" and blew up the small bomb. His hatred of Layton is just something he can't let go, although Aubrey's song (great casting, she can really sing) seemed to make him understand that he was doing wrong things.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I really like this series but I am starting to get a bit bored of Layton now,

I enjoyed season 2 because there was a lot less focus on him and more on Melanie and other characters like Ruth, which was interesting since they were antagonists in the first season

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Really liked the season finale. They managed to surprise me by going in the unexpected smart route. "New Eden" was pretty much how I expected it to be like. Not summer but late winter/early Spring. Curious what that final scene will mean. Was it a nuke that launched on it's own or a propulsion rocket?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Really liked the season finale. They managed to surprise me by going in the unexpected smart route. "New Eden" was pretty much how I expected it to be like. Not summer but late winter/early Spring. Curious what that final scene will mean. Was it a nuke that launched on it's own or a propulsion rocket?
I'm not sure what that was either. It threw me off because I thought this was the last season. I just read that it was actually renewed for season 4 last summer while season 3 was still in production. I'm curious how season 4 will work. Are Layton and the others who got off the train no longer in the show?

Anyways, I really enjoyed season 3 just like the first 2. One of the most underrated shows on television imo.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not sure what that was either. It threw me off because I thought this was the last season. I just read that it was actually renewed for season 4 last summer while season 3 was still in production. I'm curious how season 4 will work. Are Layton and the others who got off the train no longer in the show?

Anyways, I really enjoyed season 3 just like the first 2. One of the most underrated shows on television imo.
They're obviously trying to get some sort of colony going there, also likely trying to fix the track so they can unite with Snowpiercer.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
They're obviously trying to get some sort of colony going there, also likely trying to fix the track so they can unite with Snowpiercer.
Yeah obviously they are but that sounds boring and a big change for this show. As much as I like the show, I don't see the point of continuing past season 3.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah obviously they are but that sounds boring and a big change for this show. As much as I like the show, I don't see the point of continuing past season 3.
I think the graphic novel didn't end like this. I'm not going to check because I might possibly get spoiled but I read a comment that was the case.

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I think the graphic novel didn't end like this. I'm not going to check because I might possibly get spoiled but I read a comment that was he case.
Ok, I kind of forget when I posted last night that it's based on a graphic novel. Makes sense to keep going if there's more source material to go off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad