TV: Snowfall - Season 4 (FX, Hulu)

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Saw the first episode and will be DVRing and catching up as time permits. The first one was good enough to give it a go. I think the subject matter limits the type of audience that will watch this. That's the FX programming in general....a lot of quality shows over the years but each one is not made for general audiences, but a more narrow segment of viewers.

Couldn't agree more. Outside of Sunny and Sons, maybe Horror Story it hasnt gone well for them.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This season has been alright. The details drag on but the premise of the show is good. Ultimately when the time comes for the end things will crash and burn. Too much money and power isn't a good thing. It's entertaining but some of the characters I have no use for. Franklin is great. Teddy bores me.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I actually think this season has been really good and the show has found it's groove. I'm really enjoying the show and it's too bad it's not more popular.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I actually think this season has been really good and the show has found it's groove. I'm really enjoying the show and it's too bad it's not more popular.
I'm guessing it's not that popular because of the subject matter. It's hard for the average viewer to relate with much in Snowfall unless you're familiar with the lifestyle.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm guessing it's not that popular because of the subject matter. It's hard for the average viewer to relate with much in Snowfall unless you're familiar with the lifestyle.

But Breaking Bad was a hit and almost nobody heard of meth before then. Granted, it wasnt really a hit when it first aired.

I'm entertained and all but it's also been done. It's not earth shattering. I'm entertained and thats all that matters but I concede the concept itself is not a big deal. How many know drug dealers or CIA agents_even if it's a flopped one) I also think FX isn't a highly viewed network. I'll continue watching for as long as it airs. I feel like the fact that these people lack a back story doesn't help. Atleast in Breaking Bad you saw who Walter was before he turned bad and his actions made sense to a degree, atleast in the beginning. I mean it's probably not hard to get how Franklin got here but what's Teddy's reason for example? Granted I know more than I should and I know the CIA itself is a drug cartel and all of that but the majority of our republic doesn't know the truth and the CIA isn't some upstanding moral operation it's sold to the masses as. So in a way he's just continuing the life I suppose.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
But Breaking Bad was a hit and almost nobody heard of meth before then. Granted, it wasnt really a hit when it first aired.

I'm entertained and all but it's also been done. It's not earth shattering. I'm entertained and thats all that matters but I concede the concept itself is not a big deal. How many know drug dealers or CIA agents_even if it's a flopped one) I also think FX isn't a highly viewed network. I'll continue watching for as long as it airs. I feel like the fact that these people lack a back story doesn't help. Atleast in Breaking Bad you saw who Walter was before he turned bad and his actions made sense to a degree, atleast in the beginning. I mean it's probably not hard to get how Franklin got here but what's Teddy's reason for example? Granted I know more than I should and I know the CIA itself is a drug cartel and all of that but the majority of our republic doesn't know the truth and the CIA isn't some upstanding moral operation it's sold to the masses as. So in a way he's just continuing the life I suppose.
Breaking Bad only really started to gather steem after the plane crash in my opinion. I believe technically the CIA isn't even supposed to operate on us soil. I do like the way they have integrated all the different factions, it all seems to click. In comparison with Son's of Anarchy, they shoehorned the CIA in there as the cartel to solve the problem of having to kill Clay.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Breaking Bad only really started to gather steem after the plane crash in my opinion. I believe technically the CIA isn't even supposed to operate on us soil. I do like the way they have integrated all the different factions, it all seems to click. In comparison with Son's of Anarchy, they shoehorned the CIA in there as the cartel to solve the problem of having to kill Clay.

I wiah I saw Sons. I think I would have liked it. I just don't want to finf a streaming service I have to pay to watch it. I wasn't even aware of it until like the second to last season. The preview for that Mayans show looks good. Apparently the guys behind Sons are behind it but I don't think its a continuation or prequel or anything.

For the first season and a half Breaking Bad was slow. It got popular from binge watching. I didm't even watch the series until summer 2014. It took me maybe a month and a half at most to finish it. This how needs a rivalry though. Walt had other group and the DEA. Franklin and Teddy did have a run in and Franklin was held hostage for awhile. I was hoping something more would come from that than what transpired.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I wiah I saw Sons. I think I would have liked it. I just don't want to finf a streaming service I have to pay to watch it. I wasn't even aware of it until like the second to last season. The preview for that Mayans show looks good. Apparently the guys behind Sons are behind it but I don't think its a continuation or prequel or anything.

For the first season and a half Breaking Bad was slow. It got popular from binge watching. I didm't even watch the series until summer 2014. It took me maybe a month and a half at most to finish it. This how needs a rivalry though. Walt had other group and the DEA. Franklin and Teddy did have a run in and Franklin was held hostage for awhile. I was hoping something more would come from that than what transpired.
PM me if you are looking for those types of sites.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
The part where they're forcing the guy to do all that blow.........no words!

My heart is beating to the rhythm of a Latin drum.

I honestly don't think someone without a high tolerance, which he doesn't have, would survive that. We'll see if he does. Maybe he ends up with a coke addiction which would make an interesting twist.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonleaffan

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
My heart is beating to the rhythm of a Latin drum.

I honestly don't think someone without a high tolerance, which he doesn't have, would survive that. We'll see if he does. Maybe he ends up with a coke addiction which would make an interesting twist.
Hard to say if he lives. I'm pretty sure after doing enough blow, your nose would be all clogged up and you wouldn't be able to snort anymore. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
seasons been really good, likely the best show on tv this summer.

Animal Kingdom on TNT was pretty good.

As a wildcard I do like Lodge 49 on AMC as far as new series go,

This season has been full of action. I'm starting to see signs of Franklin's crew starting to crumble though. But success leading to derail is not really surprising.

I feel like Teddy's storyline has become somewhat of a bore though. I feel like he was better last season.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land

This season has been full of action. I'm starting to see signs of Franklin's crew starting to crumble though. But success leading to derail is not really surprising.

I feel like Teddy's storyline has become somewhat of a bore though. I feel like he was better last season.

The crumble is exactly what did happen IRL. Still kinda of surprised we haven't seen red and blue yet.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

never saw Animal Kingdom but I watch Lodge 49, can't say I know what the f*** it's supposed to be but it's ok.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
never saw Animal Kingdom but I watch Lodge 49, can't say I know what the **** it's supposed to be but it's ok.

It's like the Big Lebowski if that were a TV show. It's almost a how about nothing. It's about this free spirited guy who hasn't really conformed to the structure of society. I know that is cliche so to speak but a show about nothing just means theres no plot story line. None of the episodes really relate to the previous.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Franklin shooting Cameron was a suprise, I don't think he intended to kill him but that was the result. I don't know why he thought about shooting him exactly but it was a bit of a plot twist. That might have been a good way to end the season but I believe theres still 2 episodes left.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Franklin shooting Cameron was a suprise, I don't think he intended to kill him but that was the result. I don't know why he thought about shooting him exactly but it was a bit of a plot twist. That might have been a good way to end the season but I believe theres still 2 episodes left.

Didn't look dead to me.

Season continues to deliver, another great episode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad