Snow/Wang Must Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
when is enough actually enough? Show Snow the door! He's been good at re-signing RFAs, taking "chances" on waiver-wire players (and losing them due to poor decisions). Goodbye, don't let the door hit you in the butt!

checknate

Aug 21, 2013
Long Island
I know we're all waiting on Snow to do something, like fire Capuano, or trade for a goalie, defensemen Etc.

But I don't think he will. I think Snow will be patient and see what will happen when Vanek, Strait, and Visnovksy come back. With that they've gotta see if Nabby will play better, who knows maybe he's slumping and he'll get a lot better. Maybe he'll get better when Vis and Strait are back? Its tough to fire a coach when 3 good players are injured, not to mention when the goalie isn't playing well. I think he'll wait for all the injuries to go away, and for the players to get out of their "slumps". And if the team defense is still horrible after that, and Nabby still sucks, then Snow has got to do something! If he doesn't do anything at that point then I'll hop on the "Fire Snow & Cappy" Train! :yo:

But until then I say keep him.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
I know we're all waiting on Snow to do something, like fire Capuano, or trade for a goalie, defensemen Etc.

But I don't think he will. I think Snow will be patient and see what will happen when Vanek, Strait, and Visnovksy come back. With that they've gotta see if Nabby will play better, who knows maybe he's slumping and he'll get a lot better. Maybe he'll get better when Vis and Strait are back? Its tough to fire a coach when 3 good players are injured, not to mention when the goalie isn't playing well. I think he'll wait for all the injuries to go away, and for the players to get out of their "slumps". And if the team defense is still horrible after that, and Nabby still sucks, then Snow has got to do something! If he doesn't do anything at that point then I'll hop on the "Fire Snow & Cappy" Train! :yo:

But until then I say keep him.

And by then it will be too late and we will be too far out. The injuries to our defense certainly aren't helping anything, but it is clear that Crapuano is an incompetent moron. He makes totally inexplicable decisions such as to break up a second line that was producing and now Grabner has gone ice cold and Nielsen isn't producing anywhere near what he was earlier this year; plays talentless grinders like Colin McDonald on the power play; and has repeatedly scratched Brock Nelson in favor of PM Bouchard even though the latter is mostly useless.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I have never called for Snow's head. But if the islanders take the Ice on Tuesday night and Capuano is still the Head Coach, then the finger needs to be turned toward Snow.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
I have never called for Snow's head. But if the islanders take the Ice on Tuesday night and Capuano is still the Head Coach, then the finger needs to be turned toward Snow.

That is such backwards thinking. Snow being allowed to hire another coach is a show of confidence by Wang. Snow should be shown the door. How many losing seasons does Snow need to have before some say enough is enough. For all the losing we have suffered through the prospect pool is average and the "core" we have does not have what it takes.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
That is such backwards thinking. Snow being allowed to hire another coach is a show of confidence by Wang. Snow should be shown the door. How many losing seasons does Snow need to have before some say enough is enough. For all the losing we have suffered through the prospect pool is average and the "core" we have does not have what it takes.

I don't understand if you really know how things work with the Isles. Do you really think Wang gives a **** how the team does? No. He's gonna stick with whoever he feels comfortable with, and it doesn't matter if the GM is ****** or great. Get it through your skull my friend. The only thing we should be calling for is the coaching change. Because the GM is not going to change at all.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
The only thing we should be calling for is the coaching change. Because the GM is not going to change at all.

I know how Wang operates, spend no money and keep his buddies in power. It doesn't mean we as fans should sit idle. We should demand change for the better and that means a new GM.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

'Backwards thinking' in your eyes is called logical and reality in the rest of the world. So I'm good with that.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Snow isn't the imbecile choosing our lines or sitting Brock Nelson in favor of PM Bouchard or playing Colin McDonald on the power play. Every game with Crapuano behind the bench is one in which we are almost guaranteed to lose - I literally do not see this team winning another game with that moron as head coach. Even naming Dead Weight as interim coach until Snow is finally canned and his replacement can choose his own coach would be an improvement.

Why the ^&*$%$# did Wang have to fire Neil Smith?

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
SNOW MUST GO!

1) Everyone in the coaching staff and management gets the boot.

2) Everything must GO! Half off everything! Trade and waive the undesirables.

3) Promote Boulton to the first line.

4) Draft a solid defender with our top 5 pick.

5) Rebuild! Part Deux

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
As long as Wang is in charge, Snow stays. It sucks but it's true. No point in preaching to stubborn ears.

This times a million.

Why even bother creating a thread about Snow being fired The man who REFUSED to fire Milbury is going to get rid of Snow after hiring him after firing Neil "41 days as GM" Smith?

You guys want Snow gone? Are you sure? Because if Wang actually does fire him you know who the next GM is going to be? Rick DiPietro...And I'm not even joking one bit.

When wang makes change he makes things worse...Not better. We are in a downward spiral in every way until we have a new owner. Although when wang fires himself as owner I expect him to sell to the most incompetent millionaire out there so he will continue his trend of making things worse while actually making himself look like a not so bad owner in comparison.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I know your a prospects guy, is that why you blindly defend Snow? Losing equals prospects and that is your passion, now it makes sense.

I'm a prospects guy? Because I watch AHL, CHL, and KHL Hockey?

Do I think the islanders have more talent in the system than you do? YUP (And so does anyone that watches juniors players) as the islanders are one of the better thought of organizations in the eyes of the experts, in terms of prospects. I mean I know this alone crushes your position in and of itself. But again this is reality vs. delusional all over again.

There are plenty of core players already on the Islanders that 'have it'. Sadly they are being misused. I don't expect someone like you to see it. I have moved on from hoping you could watch and understand the intricacies of hockey.

I can try and spell it out for you, but you can only lead a horse to water. Just because there are SOME bad players, and players are often used incorrectly and proper adjustments are not made, does not mean that the entire organization sucks and that everyone needs to be fired and nobody 'has it' and everything is average.

that is such a lazy and simplistic view... but then again look who i'm talking to.

Islesmets1

Nov 10, 2013
Snow isn't the imbecile choosing our lines or sitting Brock Nelson in favor of PM Bouchard or playing Colin McDonald on the power play. Every game with Crapuano behind the bench is one in which we are almost guaranteed to lose - I literally do not see this team winning another game with that moron as head coach. Even naming Dead Weight as interim coach until Snow is finally canned and his replacement can choose his own coach would be an improvement.

Why the ^&*$%$# did Wang have to fire Neil Smith?

Because he had the right ideas about evaluating talent and told Wang what this team needed and the cost, which led to his firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad