GDT: Snooze fest edition: Devils in Raleigh

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Awake for the Pesce goal and then again for the Faulk and Nordstrom goals. Title of thread was quite accurate.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Another solid outing from Ward.

The perfect sequence actually happened tonight. After the Devils' goal, there was so much *****ing about Ward giving up soft goals (not so much on here, surprisingly) and it went on for a while until it reached the natural point of "You don't see Schneider giving up those goals!"

Almost immediately after, Nordstrom somehow scored,

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The perfect sequence actually happened tonight. After the Devils' goal, there was so much *****ing about Ward giving up soft goals (not so much on here, surprisingly) and it went on for a while until it reached the natural point of "You don't see Schneider giving up those goals!"

Almost immediately after, Nordstrom somehow scored,

I honestly couldn't figure out if that goal was on him at all. It was an odd play. He made a few big saves, one in particular right before Nordstrom scored. It wasn't a flashy outing but it was the type of all around solid outing this team has been missing.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I honestly couldn't figure out if that goal was on him at all. It was an odd play. He made a few big saves, one in particular right before Nordstrom scored. It wasn't a flashy outing but it was the type of all around solid outing this team has been missing.

It was an iffy goal. He probably could have saved it, but I believe it also went off the skate of the player in front. And honestly, if Hainsey wasn't such a pylon...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It was an iffy goal. He probably could have saved it, but I believe it also went off the skate of the player in front. And honestly, if Hainsey wasn't such a pylon...

Yes and yes here. I can't fault him on the goal, but it wasn't like it was some lazer shot either. It probably could and should have been stopped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad