SNOG General Discussion

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Final 2016-17 SNOG season standings are in (see post #3).

Congrats to DuckEatinShark and SJSharksfan39 as co-champions for the SNOG season this year! :handclap:

Also, this makes DuckEatinShark the first two-time champion (as far as I'm aware) and the first back-to-back SNOG champion. Perhaps the first inductee into the SNOG Hall of Fame one day? :yo:

Yay for SNOG co-champion. Thanks for doing it so well, drunksage :)

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Doing stuff tonight, will watch on DVR when I get home then post SNOG results after that.

^ I noted this in today's GDT, but also posting here for visibility (although that last bit is debatable with the screen space taken up by the stickies)

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Flying back to San Jose tonight, so late SNOG announcement. Funny thing is that some of you may be traveling the opposite direction for Friday. :biglaugh:

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Bumping to remind people that regular season means SNOG season, so get ready to prognosticate!

Be sure to pay attention to what I predict will become a relatively major concern, which I'm now calling the Sedin/Benn/Karlsson rule: please, please distinguish players by something unique (like first name/initial) if you're going to SNOG somebody who has a teammate who shares their surname.

Speaking of which, if there's any feedback on the rules, now is the time. Otherwise, happy SNOGing!

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Delayed announcement after today's game. Gotta grab my mom from the airport and take her to lunch, so I most likely won't be viewing the last part of the game until later in the afternoon on DVR.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Hmm, I don't seem to have announced here that PackShark won the 2017-18 season.

More recently, HOOCH2173 has won this past season!

As always, feedback is welcome now or throughout the SNOG offseason.

Last edited:

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Thanks for doing this Sage, brings an excitement to games even when they aren't close. Pretty sure I've finished runner up two straight years, maybe next year I finally break through lol

Reactions: Sandisfan

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Thank you Sir Drunk for all the hard work you put into this!

And I'll I have to say is I got dang lucky!

Oddly enough had I reversed some of my picks (since I'm a homer), I would have had a ton more SNOG's!

But I'll take what I can get!

maxresdefault.jpg

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Hey, remember this? I do! Kinda...

So yeah, I'm a bit of a dunce, but I guess I didn't really say anything after the 2019-20 NHL regular season ended and I quarantined myself from a lot of things. There isn't really any way to make up the canceled Sharks games, so my executive decision is that we're going with the SNOG results up through the final game played (game 70) as the official, final results.

Therefore, I issue a much-belated but still deserved congratulations to @bluefunnel and @seroes for winning the 2019-20 SNOG title! These are their respective first stints as SNOG champs.

-----

Also, the 2021 SNOG season will happen with the same rules and such. SNOG announcements will still happen either shortly after the end of the game or when I view the games on DVR instead of watching them live. Or if I actually go on vacation at some point (disclaimer: I've received one dose of Moderna vaccine and intend to receive the second dose in the proper timeframe), I'll update remotely when I learn game results and have the time/opportunity.

Last edited:

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
One more thing: although details/criteria haven't been fully ironed out yet, I'm told that Nem has special stuff coming this season for superb SNOG'ers. Look for an announcement here when it does get settled though, and in the mean time, polish those crystal balls.

(P.S. social stuff tonight, did schedule game on DVR so I probably will announce the winner late... Saturday isn't looking so hot for on-time either)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
As drunksage alluded to, there's going to be something on the line: avatar packs.

A pack of avatars will be awarded to a poster for two (2) successful SNOG predictions during the season. This is every 2 successful predictions, so if someone does manage to reach 4 (which didn't happen last season) they'll get another pack.

It's a mildly steep tier to get to for rewards, but we had like 16 people hit on successful SNOG predictions last season and I can't give out that many packs and still guarantee enough for people as they show up for the season. Also trying to track periods of the season or months is too much fuss.

Good luck everyone.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Welp, another season is done, and despite my profound sadness (i.e. no alcohol tonight), there's still one more line of business to attend to.

It is my honor to announce that the 2021 SNOG co-champs are @bluefunnel, @Cas, and @Pinkfloyd!

I don't know whether everyone on this list claimed their avatar packs when they reached the 2 SNOG milestone, so they might wanna double-check on that if you want a slightly fancier prize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->