SNL profiles a Boston Bruins fan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That was awesome - the only thing missing was 'Sweeney needs to be fired'

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
So this is what they meant when Lorne Michaels said at the end of last season that SNL would have fewer commercials but more opportunities for "original branded content":

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/25/saturday-night-live-fewer-ads

The Microsoft branding in the robot sketch later on stood out like a sore thumb to me, as did a Burger King sketch earlier this season.

Although, honestly, the DD one was pretty funny - probably the best sketch in a relatively unfunny show, save the cold open. My cousin loves DD, and I could totally see her as a substitute for Casey.

I must be getting old, since "SNL was funnier when..." is finally starting to take hold. I'm not a fan of most of the current group since around the time Cecily Strong had a stint at the Weekend Update desk.

And yet I watch....

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I have watched this clip at least 5 times since yesterday and I laugh every time. :laugh:

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
"Grab a crullah, have an extra large, 3 parliaments, take a big dump. that's kinda the routine."

hysterical. If only they had him holding up the line with a big list for the construction site written on a 2x4.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Would've gladly watched a youtube ad to get to see this glorified commercial, but it's not available in my country :laugh:
DailyMotion to the rescue! :sarcasm:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
When "Actual Customers" was put up on the screen, THAT was when I lost it.

They missed the chance to show a drive thru line spilling on to a major street blocking one lane of traffic.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
...Morgan wanted to buy you a T-Pass.....

Casey Affleck is a genius:laugh:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
When "Actual Customers" was put up on the screen, THAT was when I lost it.

They missed the chance to show a drive thru line spilling on to a major street blocking one lane of traffic.

Ahhh, you've been to Rt 18 and Park Ave in Weymouth? Supposedly the busiest DD in the world, with 2 drive throughs. In the morning the lines are out of the parking lot and down Rt 18. The town actually had to widen the road by a lane to make room, otherwise traffic was at a standstill.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Ahhh, you've been to Rt 18 and Park Ave in Weymouth? Supposedly the busiest DD in the world, with 2 drive throughs. In the morning the lines are out of the parking lot and down Rt 18. The town actually had to widen the road by a lane to make room, otherwise traffic was at a standstill.

I thought Canadians were bad when it came to our Tim Hortons.

As for the SNL spoof, loved it, my favorite part was describing his routine.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I thought Canadians were bad when it came to our Tim Hortons.

As for the SNL spoof, loved it, my favorite part was describing his routine.

It's crazy from 5 AM till about 10 AM. It actually has two drive-thrus, one full service, the other a kiosk style hut that just serves coffee and donuts, no sandwiches. This is in a town of < 60,000 with 9 full-sized Dunkins and a half dozen kiosks.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Nah, Pawtucket Ave in East Providence. About a hundred yards from a school with a crossing guard! I love leaving third shift at 8AM! :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad