Snider on struggling Flyers: 'Never seen anything like this'

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
just the money and length of the contract. thats it?
oh well its just hindsight right? :facepalm:

imagine if they traded Hartnell instead of Richards. where would we be?
The Carter trade was a good hockey trade. the jury is still out if the Richards deal is a win or even even deal for the Flyers right now. The way they talk about Richards on the Kings board they are pretty ecstatic over Richards right now.
the Flyers needed to move salary to get Bryzgalov signed. it was going to take moving more then just a couple of minor pieces to get it done. They were right up against the cap as always.
I would take Richards over Simmonds and Schenn. 10 times out of 10.

I thought I remember moving Carter alone got them under the cap for Bryz to get signed.

Firehockey

Jul 2, 2013
In my mind snider sounds exactly like Mr. Burns from the simpsons, I can hear burns voice every time I read a snider quote

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I thought I remember moving Carter alone got them under the cap for Bryz to get signed.

i think that was the case but I am not 100 percent sure on that due to the Voracek contract. i think he was making 1.3 per then.
other then the Carter trade that was a situation I would love to have back. I would love to hit the reset button. Yes again they needed a goalie but it was just a mind boggling not well thought out plan.
but oh well, it didnt work out so its just hindsight.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Maybe when Snider goes (dies) the Flyers will get passed along like the Panthers/Coyotes/Jets, then I can read about all the people *****ing about not having steady ownership.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Maybe when Snider goes (dies) the Flyers will get passed along like the Panthers/Coyotes/Jets, then I can read about all the people *****ing about not having steady ownership.

or maybe Lukko and Comcast will see what a fresh perspective can mean for an organization like what Hinkie and the Sixers ownership so far are showing. I can see the Sixers strategy..I'm still confused about that of the Flyers

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
or maybe Lukko and Comcast will see what a fresh perspective can mean for an organization like what Hinkie and the Sixers ownership so far are showing. I can see the Sixers strategy..I'm still confused about that of the Flyers

Hinkie hasn't done a frigging anything but obviously tank. For all you know they'll be a last place team for 10 years.

There is a HUGE risk when you pull those cards. I would never want to support a team that openly trades all of its best players to try to get a #1 pick.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hinkie hasn't done a frigging anything but obviously tank. For all you know they'll be a last place team for 10 years.

There is a HUGE risk when you pull those cards. I would never want to support a team that openly trades all of its best players to try to get a #1 pick.

You discount what he did with the Rockets which was help get them competitive in pretty short order.

With the Sixers he had one tradeable true asset and he leveraged it really well already. I think you are minimizing the guy's abilities and not looking at the whole picture. I doubt they suck for the next 10 years at all. Dude had nothing to work with anyway so really he didn't set in motion a tank (that tank was already set in motion with the botched Bynum trade) and already you see a good plan taking shape. I trust in Hinkie...you should too..:nod:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Yeh, pretty sure it did, or at least put them extremely close so some smaller ancillary moves would have sorted it out.

The Richards & Carter moves were not exactly 100% hockey related though, pretty sure most people can agree to that. (albeit in varying degrees of how much other factors played a part.)

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Yeh, pretty sure it did, or at least put them extremely close so some smaller ancillary moves would have sorted it out.

The Richards & Carter moves were not exactly 100% hockey related though, pretty sure most people can agree to that. (albeit in varying degrees of how much other factors played a part.)

My thought at the time was that Homer needed to do one, shopped both and was overwhelmed by both deals and just went for it. I am not sure it was always planned to move both. This is just pure speculation, but it fits Homer's gambler's personality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->