Snapping in 3....2.....1.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
Im sitting in my office staring at my keyboard and the left side of my brain is telling me to smash everything. The right side is telling me to relax.... things will get better.

Why is being an Oiler fan so bipolar/manic? My team is a f****** joke. Literally.

Other clubs play us like its game 7 of the cup final. It has to be because they watched Oilchange. I can picture 29 other teams before game-time using "here come the oilers" as a motivational speech.

Help.

(****!)

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
Look at the way I do. Now I can plan my spring holidays starting April 10th without worrying about having to use that money for play-off tickets....:shakehead

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
At the end of the day, it's a game that has no real impact on our lives. Best to not get too emotionally invested.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Laughing. Thx.
It doesnt help I live in Vancouver and have to listen to my buddies give me the gears all the time. Sick of saying "wait till next year"

I live in Calgary so I fully understand that pain.

Thankfully the Flames are garbage this year so that has eased the pain considerably.

In fact just watch the Flames sometimes. They really are comedy gold.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
At the end of the day, it's a game that has no real impact on our lives. Best to not get too emotionally invested.

This. It's fun to be a fan but the Oilers have zero impact on my personal life minus how much I lose trying to sell tickets to games I don't want to go to. I don't get fans that get so angry with their team then take it out on people in their day to day lives.. Most of us are grown men that are cheering on teenagers and young adults to win a trophy that we'll never touch.

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
I live in Calgary so I fully understand that pain.

Thankfully the Flames are garbage this year so that has eased the pain considerably.

In fact just watch the Flames sometimes. They really are comedy gold.

Sad isnt it? When the Canucks or Flames lose, it feels almost as good as when the Oilers win.
If the Oil would recognize that other teams are jacked up to play them, even more jacked up to crush them, we would win a little more.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Sad isnt it? When the Canucks or Flames lose, it feels almost as good as when the Oilers win.
If the Oil would recognize that other teams are jacked up to play them, even more jacked up to crush them, we would win a little more.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with schadenfruede. The pain of last year was erased when the Ducks eliminated the Flames.

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
This. It's fun to be a fan but the Oilers have zero impact on my personal life minus how much I lose trying to sell tickets to games I don't want to go to. I don't get fans that get so angry with their team then take it out on people in their day to day lives.. Most of us are grown men that are cheering on teenagers and young adults to win a trophy that we'll never touch.

Im only bothered by losses for a couple minutes after the game or after a colossal stinker like last night. Venting feels good especially after 10 years of suck.
Anderson brought the cup to my grandmas house when I was 10, so Ive touched it ;)

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

True. Its my main form of entertainment in winter so its difficult. You keep focused on it, expecting that it can only go up from here and it never does. Best to get another hobby, :shakehead

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
Im sitting in my office staring at my keyboard and the left side of my brain is telling me to smash everything. The right side is telling me to relax.... things will get better.

Why is being an Oiler fan so bipolar/manic? My team is a f****** joke. Literally.

Other clubs play us like its game 7 of the cup final. It has to be because they watched Oilchange. I can picture 29 other teams before game-time using "here come the oilers" as a motivational speech.

Help.

(****!)

I'm with you man. My only true hope is that one day I can build the courage to abandon all hope. :help::help:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Welcome to the 5 stages of grief.

1) Denial

2) Anger

3) Bargaining

4) Depression

5) Acceptance

You are in between #1 and #2.

1) You think things will get better. They won't.

2) You are starting to get angry. You will get angrier.

3) Soon you will spend large amounts of time on the trade board making proposals.

4) When you realize most of our players are untradeable or have little value you will become depressed.

5) See post #2 of this thread.

SaskOilers

Jan 6, 2009
Welcome to the 5 stages of grief.

1) Denial

2) Anger

3) Bargaining

4) Depression

5) Acceptance

You are in between #1 and #2.

1) You think things will get better. They won't.

2) You are starting to get angry. You will get angrier.

3) Soon you will spend large amounts of time on the trade board making proposals.

4) When you realize most of our players are untradeable or have little value you will become depressed.

5) See post #2 of this thread.

:laugh:

Always a futile endeavour.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
tumblr_nm53nflh0L1u8e13no1_500.gif

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Help.

(****!)

If I was you I would seek professional help. Just in case you ever start drifting towards that left side of your brain.:D

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Try adopting a 2nd team. Should be in the Eastern Conference, so you can justify it as the Oilers being your team of the West, and ____ being your team of the East. For me it's been the Sens for a while. They are doing great, which is helping to keep me sane.

Might work for you. Maybe you've already tried. I dunno.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Laughing. Thx.
It doesnt help I live in Vancouver and have to listen to my buddies give me the gears all the time. Sick of saying "wait till next year"

Apparently your "buddies" don't attend to your more "sensitive" traits.

Get more girls as "buddies". That might help. :naughty:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Try adopting a 2nd team. Should be in the Eastern Conference, so you can justify it as the Oilers being your team of the West, and ____ being your team of the East. For me it's been the Sens for a while. They are doing great, which is helping to keep me sane.

Might work for you. Maybe you've already tried. I dunno.

Same here with the Sens, and I drafted their team +/- in my draft (and Hoffman), so the last week has been offsetting between the two clubs. Helps to have Lazar to cheer for too.

Go Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad