SN Panel - (Stuff about Vancouver)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

TSN is a thousand times better than Sportsnet. In terms of coverage, analysis/analysts, presentation and overall professionalism.

Only reason I watch SN is because they get the majority of the Canucks and Blue Jays games. Then it's right back to TSN.

Agreed. While TSN may 'favor' certain teams, I find they at least justify it, even if I disagree. SN is basically one long Canucks rant.

LolClarkson*

Normally I kind of like McLean, but this was just insulting. We had a pretty rough game last night, things weren't really clicking, new coach, new system so it's somewhat understandable.

McLean hates Gillis and hates Torts. Yes, hates.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Normally I kind of like McLean, but this was just insulting. We had a pretty rough game last night, things weren't really clicking, new coach, new system so it's somewhat understandable.

Really? Whenever I hear that MacLean is going to be on the Team 1040 after the commercial break, I just switch channels.

Hal 9000*

SN's panel sucks. However, Garrett is a massive homer.

Of course Garrett is a homer, he's regional. The other guy's are national, and therefore should be non-bias within the Canadian teams..

We go over and over this, why can't people understand the difference???

LolClarkson*

Of course Garrett is a homer, he's regional. The other guy's are national, and therefore should be non-bias within the Canadian teams..

We go over and over this, why can't people understand the difference???

Kelly Hrudy is supposed to be national but he's a huge Flames homer. He has been saying that Calgary is better then the Canucks since 2004 up until 2010. He finally gave up.

Slashy McSlewfoot

Aug 17, 2005
U mean his "cool" look when he stares down the camera when that Pejorative Slured Darren guy is yammering on about something?

Hahahaha I noticed this too a while ago, was watching the show and I'm sitting there wondering "why the **** is Kypreos mean mugging the camera?" Guy is an idiot.

Wetcoaster

Hahahaha I noticed this too a while ago, was watching the show and I'm sitting there wondering "why the **** is Kypreos mean mugging the camera?" Guy is an idiot.
It is not good form to poke fun at the neurologically impaired. ;)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Why's he called Cheech again? I kept thinking that was a completely different person.

Also, when's the last year he didn't pick the Canucks to win it all? :laugh:

King of the ES*

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/go-easy-on-the-canucks/

Always knew the SN panel was anti-Canucks but this is pretty blatant. Cheech calls in and is basically bullied by these guys who hardly let him get in a word in. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion.

I also loved it around the 10 minute mark when he called them out on being Leafs biased.

Finally got around to watching this. No idea what you're talking about. Sounded like a completely normal interview, to me.

But this is just more evidence that this fanbase is way, way too sensitive. Doug MacLean doesn't think the Canucks will win the Cup? What a jerk! What a hater! How unprofessional! :laugh:

King of the ES*

For the record, Doug MacLean has always been very, very anti-Tortorella, hence the comments that you heard. I recall an interview of his, with B-Mac, back in May or June, prior to Torts' hiring, around when the rumors began to swirl that he was being interviewed.

Doug said something like "you guys aren't actually going to hire him, are you?" "This isn't going to happen, is it?" Not a Tortorella fan at all.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
SN's panel sucks. However, Garrett is a massive homer.

I used to love Garrett, but if you see the youtube piece on The Rypkian thing in Minny and then look at how other broadcasters reported it-- sad.

As an oiler fan over the last 5 years we have taken a few hits from tsn and sportsnet

Neither really bash the leafs

LolClarkson*

For the record, Doug MacLean has always been very, very anti-Tortorella, hence the comments that you heard. I recall an interview of his, with B-Mac, back in May or June, prior to Torts' hiring, around when the rumors began to swirl that he was being interviewed.

Doug said something like "you guys aren't actually going to hire him, are you?" "This isn't going to happen, is it?" Not a Tortorella fan at all.

Him and Mark Spector spent a whole interview degrading Mike Gillis and the Torts hire.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I believe Garret once picked the Canucks to win the cup in a year they missed the playoffs. This was after the playoffs began.

To be fair, that's part of his tradition though isn't it? To pick the Canucks every year no matter what. :laugh:

Wetcoaster

To be fair, that's part of his tradition though isn't it? To pick the Canucks every year no matter what. :laugh:
As an ex-Canuck player and ex-assistant Canuck GM what would you expect???

King of the ES*

Him and Mark Spector spent a whole interview degrading Mike Gillis and the Torts hire.

They weren't the only ones. I am 100% sure that one of the Team 1040 shows' poll questions (Sekeres/Price, I think) was whether or not John Tortorella was done in the NHL, after being fired by the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad