SN Panel - (Stuff about Vancouver)

arsmaster*

This will get locked, but many believe this is because of Luongo snubbing Kyper in the 2011 finals.

edit* After listening, not even sure why this deserves a thread. Didn't seem unprofessional to me. I don't think they were that off in what they said, they just piled it on at the start.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Bender*

if you think this is bad, watch anything with Kypreos. now that is unprofessional.

Sportsnet pundits are terrible for the most part. Kypreos and Maclean vs. mckenzie and Lebrun? No contest. The sportsnet guys are going for that Bradshaw and long type show that the nfl has. How kypreos ever got that job is beyond me.

John Bender*

Hey guys, it's not his fault he always looks constipated.

His Mom and Dad made that face.

(elegant 7000th post, no?)

U mean his "cool" look when he stares down the camera when that Pejorative Slured Darren guy is yammering on about something?

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Huh? I just listened to it, they weren't too bad. They were ribbing him a bit, but I think the only rude comment was the 'who cares' when Garrett brought up who had the most regular season points over the past 5 years. I like to take that factor into account too when predicting regular season finish, because there are a lot of one year wonders. That said, we do also have complete outlier years in the playoffs like '11-'12 where lower seeds advanced deep and won it all. I found it funny how they bristled at the 'Leafs nation' comment, but I think it was a fair shot.

John Bender*

Huh? I just listened to it, they weren't too bad. They were ribbing him a bit, but I think the only rude comment was the 'who cares' when Garrett brought up who had the most regular season points over the past 5 years. I like to take that factor into account too when predicting regular season finish, because there are a lot of one year wonders. That said, we do also have complete outlier years in the playoffs like '11-'12 where lower seeds advanced deep and won it all. I found it funny how they bristled at the 'Leafs nation' comment, but I think it was a fair shot.

In their defense, Garrett is as difficult to stomach as they come for people outside bc.

LolClarkson*

TSN just did a Canucks hit piece too.

Canucks were a non factor, window is closing blah blah blah

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

I didn't see it. One thing to keep in mind is as the Flames declined many people were stating that they should rebuild.

The Canucks have declined since their Cup run. They have had two straight first round exits and the series weren't close. The forward depth is pathetic so when 'experts' state their window is closing they have good reasoning to do so.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver

I didn't see this either, but if their arguments were justified I don't have a problem with experts discounting the Canucks. The SN panel just badmouths them and seems to be unwilling to really justify their opinions.

LolClarkson*

I didn't see it. One thing to keep in mind is as the Flames declined many people were stating that they should rebuild.

The Canucks have declined since their Cup run. They have had two straight first round exits and the series weren't close. The forward depth is pathetic so when 'experts' state their window is closing they have good reasoning to do so.

How many Presidents trophies did that 04 Flames team win ?

Are they calling for the Sharks to rebuild too ? Oh they have young talent like Pavelski (29) coming in...:naughty:

What about Detroit ? Are they calling for them to rebuild ? Nope

We have a million things more in common with Detroit and San Jose then we do with that one hit wonder Flames team.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

TSN is a thousand times better than Sportsnet. In terms of coverage, analysis/analysts, presentation and overall professionalism.

Only reason I watch SN is because they get the majority of the Canucks and Blue Jays games. Then it's right back to TSN.

Bro Horvat

2011 Truther
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

TSN is a thousand times better than Sportsnet. In terms of coverage, analysis/analysts, presentation and overall professionalism.

Only reason I watch SN is because they get the majority of the Canucks and Blue Jays games. Then it's right back to TSN.

agreed on all points

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
Normally I kind of like McLean, but this was just insulting. We had a pretty rough game last night, things weren't really clicking, new coach, new system so it's somewhat understandable.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
How many Presidents trophies did that 04 Flames team win ?

Are they calling for the Sharks to rebuild too ? Oh they have young talent like Pavelski (29) coming in...:naughty:

What about Detroit ? Are they calling for them to rebuild ? Nope

We have a million things more in common with Detroit and San Jose then we do with that one hit wonder Flames team.

YES!!! Someone gets it!!!

The Canucks have two players the Flames never had. Henrik and Kesler. The Flames didn't have centers of that calibre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->