Smyth and Brewer don't deserve to be here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
He's playing along side one of the best defensive defenceman in the game and he has the best goaltender in the world on his side. Jason Doig could be paired with Foote and look good....

k sry if u misunderstood me what i meant to say was that obviously brewer hasn't been making mistakes left and right and isn't that bad out there if they have only given up 3 goals in 4 games

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
well, all the Brew and Smytty detractors have seemed to go under the rock where they should be after their laughable claims about Brewer only being there because of Lowe.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
thome_26 said:
well, all the Brew and Smytty detractors have seemed to go under the rock where they should be after their laughable claims about Brewer only being there because of Lowe.
What was said about Brewer is still true, he is on that team bcause of Lowe, just because he is playing above his head doesn't change that.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
oilerlova said:
k sry if u misunderstood me what i meant to say was that obviously brewer hasn't been making mistakes left and right and isn't that bad out there if they have only given up 3 goals in 4 games

No, he hasn't. In fact Brewer has had a good tournament, no denying that. None of that is my arguement.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
MrMastodonFarm said:
What was said about Brewer is still true, he is on that team bcause of Lowe, just because he is playing above his head doesn't change that.

oh jesus. Get serious. There were five other guys making desicions that had just as much or more say then Lowe. It's laughable how you believe Lowe is some kind of re-incarnation of a mesmorizing mind controling hitler or something.

And if a person plays "over his head" on a regular basis would commen sense (which you fail to apply to the situation) not demand that this player is simply a streaky/inconsistent player that can play at that level at any time!?

Na.... logic is bad isn't it MrMastodonFarm!?

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
thome_26 said:
oh jesus. Get serious. There were five other guys making desicions that had just as much or more say then Lowe. It's laughable how you believe Lowe is some kind of re-incarnation of a mesmorizing mind controling hitler or something.
Brewer was added to the 2002 team because of Lowe's imput. At that time people though Lowe was a good Gm, how wrong they were. haha. In 2004 they wanted to keep much of the same team together, Brewer is back on.

Just because he has put 4 good games together doesn't mean much, because he will just go back to the NHL and be outplayed on a regular basisc by Aucion, Phillips, Stuart, etc

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
so ur argument is that brewer is only there cuz of lowe might be true but i don't think it is i think there is only one d man out there that should have been on the team instead of brewer acouin but i think he should have been there ahead of hannen regher bowmester and brewer

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
Brewer was added to the 2002 team because of Lowe's imput. At that time people though Lowe was a good Gm, how wrong they were. haha. In 2004 they wanted to keep much of the same team together, Brewer is back on.

Just because he has put 4 good games together doesn't mean much, because he will just go back to the NHL and be outplayed on a regular basisc by Aucion, Phillips, Stuart, etc

is this about who shouldn't have been there in 02 sure lowe helped but don't u think that if phillips stuart etc were so much better then brewer the rest of the staff would have put them on

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
MrMastodonFarm said:

Amazing - I didn't know that it was about what a player would do over an 82 game season for his club team.... and not what he'd do for team Canada in 6 games....

You have a great thought process!

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Also - by this logic - Carter should have made the olympic squad... he was playing just as good or better then Gagne at the time of selection. Lowe just didn't want to work his mind control powers over time or what?

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
oilerlova said:
so ur argument is that brewer is only there cuz of lowe might be true but i don't think it is i think there is only one d man out there that should have been on the team instead of brewer acouin but i think he should have been there ahead of hannen regher bowmester and brewer
Will you learn how to type the english language correctly please?

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
thome_26 said:
Also - by this logic - Carter should have made the olympic squad... he was playing just as good or better then Gagne at the time of selection. Lowe just didn't want to work his mind control powers over time or what?
No, Simon Gagne is superior to Anson Carter in his defensive end.

Gagne was in the middle of a 75 point season as well.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Is? Yes. Was? no. On top of that - Both Simon and AC were seperated by like 4 points when the picks were made. Carter slumped big time after not being picked actually. Kinda like he was pouting at Lowe.

On top of that - Carter is stronger and more physical (although that aspect of his play has completely disapeared into oblivion as well).

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
thome_26 said:
Is? Yes. Was? no. On top of that - Both Simon and AC were seperated by like 4 points when the picks were made. Carter slumped big time after not being picked actually. Kinda like he was pouting at Lowe.
Gagne -- two years ago -- was still superior to Carter in his own end, that is why he was picked over the flakey, one way, Anson Carter.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
MrMastodonFarm said:
Gagne -- two years ago -- was still superior to Carter in his own end, that is why he was picked over the flakey, one way, Anson Carter.

I disagree, but that supports my arguement. Obviously Lowe was going to promote him, yet he wasn't taken. In your own mind, Brewer was taken before much better players and more sensible picks but was only there because of Lowe....

Why not the same for Carter then, huh??

Exactly.

And around and around we go in this lovely circle.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
ok,so the rest of the brain trust who all had an equal say in the matter only wanted to do Lowe one favour and make one pick they all felt was wrong for Canada and not two, eh? WOW, the logic - it's never ending.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
thome_26 said:
ok,so the rest of the brain trust who all had an equal say in the matter only wanted to do Lowe one favour and make one pick they all felt was wrong for Canada and not two, eh? WOW, the logic - it's never ending.

You're making no sense. Gagne was on pace for something like a 40 goal season at the time of his selection and as mentioned is a 2-way player.

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:

Your responses & arguments are filled with so much speculation, hearsay, spelling mistakes & badly structured sentences I'm surprised you continue.

If you dont have anything other than your speculative opinion to contribute, why continue?

Last edited:

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
IceDragoon said:
This team is so much more than the accumulation of it's players.
True true true. After giving up 3 goals in 4 games, I think the defense has shown they all deserve to be there. End of Story. My biggest beef with Gretzky & co is that they have failed to address the biggest weakness of this club.... the stickboy (I think he only made the team because he dated one of the coach's daughter or something). I demand we get a better stickboy. I mean these players are professional, they deserve the best stickboys money can buy. Why can't Gretzky & co. see this. They must be idiots, they have no idea how to put a team together. :)

Vomiting Kermit*

Garfield said:
He should try not to hit skates with clearing attempts. You act like its Lecavalier's fault for skating by.
Are you Pejorative Slured? I never said it was Lecavalier's fault... what I meant (which I thought was pretty obvious, but I guess not) was that it wasn't like Brewer threw it up the middle; he tried getting it out along the boards and it hit Vinnie's skate.

monster_bertuzzi said:
No kidding, I hit a pedestrian on the street crosswalk but its not my fault right? He was on the street!
:shakehead

Vomiting Kermit*

MrMastodonFarm said:
:lol:

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
York16 said:
Are you Pejorative Slured? I never said it was Lecavalier's fault... what I meant (which I thought was pretty obvious, but I guess not) was that it wasn't like Brewer threw it up the middle; he tried getting it out along the boards and it hit Vinnie's skate.

:shakehead

Thanks for the insult. You are defending a player for coughing up the puck. It doesn't matter if it was up the middle or along the boards, he still coughed it up big time.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
i take it Brewer is the only players who makes mistakes on Team Canada
not Foote, Hannan, Boumeester, Niedemeyer, and Regehr

yeah Brewer really must have been the only one who makes mistake to have stats like this

tied for 8th in team canada scoring with Thornton, Foote, Gagne, and Heatley
tied with Foote for scoring among Team canada dmen
3rd in team canada +/-
2nd in +/- for team canada dmen

tied for 6th in tournament scoring among dmen
tied for 8th in +/- among all players
tied for 3rd among all dmen for +/-

leaf fans are right they should have picked McCabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events