Smid cross check on Scheifele

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Hall is a poor guy. I fell for him. Trouba yelled at my puppy yesterday. He's a monster.

*edit*

I FEEL for him. I'm not into Twilight actors. JUST SAYIN!!

Last edited:

Garyr

Jul 16, 2012
Southern Mb.
Wow I think they're over reacting personally.

g90u.png

I'm sorry I just woke up, am I seeing things?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I saw the hit and as a Jets fan I didn't like that it was Sheifle or the position the hit put him in. As an Oilers fan I can't totally blame Smid because he initiated the hit shoulder on shoulder and Sheifle turned at the last minute and fell into the boards awkardly, likely just rookie jitters.

how dare you! how dare you sir! sheif was an innocent rookie who smid hawked down upon and crushed from behind. not only was his ego hurt but jets fans around the world felt personally attacked by smid! I kid I kid. all that matters to me is that he is ok and we won. retribution? the best retribution is schief catching smid with his head down next time they meet.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I saw the hit and as a Jets fan I didn't like that it was Sheifle or the position the hit put him in. As an Oilers fan I can't totally blame Smid because he initiated the hit shoulder on shoulder and Sheifle turned at the last minute and fell into the boards awkardly, likely just rookie jitters.

Initiated shoulder on shoulder? Scheifele turned?

Villert

Dec 29, 2009

Unless this is deft sarcasm - maybe watch the hit again...? No turn and no shoulder contact in any way, shape or form.

Personally, I think it should have been 5 - but as others have said, no harm no foul as it were. Disciplinary action is entirely related to injury sustained in the NHL.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

LOL, you had better watch the replay....

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Dude, take of your oil stained glasses and watch the replay and if that didn't help get to an eye doctor immediately!

PS Maybe you shouldn't be driving.:sarcasm:

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
I completely agree with the initial poster. Smid should have been given 5 minutes for either the first or the second cross check. They were both wicked. But there was A LOT of head hunting on both sides. Trouba with the elbow that just missed and Buff running Eberle. I hope the league is investigating the Smid hit further.

On another note - it was great to see Schief and Trouba get their first goals to keep the monkey off their backs. A great way to start the season. Now, if we could only get Jokinen going.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
just wait when the Oilers comes to Winnipeg and hope the #£¥^>! plays, then all the fans remind him of what he did.. i hope for this one game big buff engage him and pound him to the ground, i am willing to have Buff ejected for just this one game..

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I completely agree with the initial poster. Smid should have been given 5 minutes for either the first or the second cross check. They were both wicked. But there was A LOT of head hunting on both sides. Trouba with the elbow that just missed and Buff running Eberle. I hope the league is investigating the Smid hit further.

On another note - it was great to see Schief and Trouba get their first goals to keep the monkey off their backs. A great way to start the season. Now, if we could only get Jokinen going.

Except Trouba's elbow was nowhere near Hall's head, and Buff's hit on Eberle was legal and exactly how Buff needs to play. Unless you mean Buff's push on Eberle's back, which wasn't dangerous at all.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Except Trouba's elbow was nowhere near Hall's head, and Buff's hit on Eberle was legal and exactly how Buff needs to play. Unless you mean Buff's push on Eberle's back, which wasn't dangerous at all.

Trouba said on H&L yesterday that he kind of pulled up on that Hall near-miss because he didn't want to get in trouble or injure another player.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Funny how if something is repeated often enough, people think it's a fact. Trouba had no elbow anywhere near Hall on that play. The replay clearly shows that.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Trouba said on H&L yesterday that he kind of pulled up on that Hall near-miss because he didn't want to get in trouble or injure another player.

Which is a tactic many athletes use in sports... fake a hit or movement to make the other person flinch and put them off their game and then do something different.

Perhaps Trouba's "head hunting attempt" was just that (a purposely missed hit), enough to make Hall change his trajectory. :sarcasm:

At least he didn't connect like Smid (twice in a row)

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Probably did. But it was his shoulder that was going to make contact, not his elbow.

jetsfan8

Mar 13, 2013
we should be ashamed of ourselves
nobody stepped up to make smid bleed from the face?

5 minute timeout, and thorburn should be cut

why wasnt peluso playing? peluso would have sent smid to concordia within milliseconds

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

why wasnt peluso playing? peluso would have sent smid to concordia within milliseconds

Exactly how would Peluso do that to someone who refused to fight him?

Enforcers fight enforcers and are pretty much useless for anything else.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Neither Peluso or Thorburn would be on the ice.
If you read the thread it's talked about why nothing happened.

jetkarma*

That reminds of me of the interview with Chevy and Trouba just after the selection at the draft.

TSN was showing Trouba running the goalie in Winnipeg at the world U17 tournament. I think it was James Duthie who said maybe Chevy doesn't want to see that, and Chevy immediately said " I wouldn't change any of that " ....

Just saying .

Fear of God is not a bad thing ;)

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Which was pretty clear. Trouba had Hall lined up, swept the puck into the corner and eased up. Has the league come to a point where a guy dancing through the middle of the ice doesn't expect to get hit? :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->