Pre-Game Talk: Smashville @ Avs Wednesday 7:30 MST - Shoulda picked Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You don't want any part of me...

This was me at age 3:

COME_f47669_1952557.jpg

Frenchy, Taco and Soundwave have my back. Right guys? Guys?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
If Benoit is out, you have to play Barrie. Nothing against Holden, but we need to replace an offensive D man with an offensive D man.

Then again preferably you replace a LD with a LD.

And Holden has a good first pass. He can get the puck out of the zone.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
It is going to be really hard to say if we should have picked Jones or MacKinnon. Both are going to be excellent players for a long time.

IMO the Avs' pick is going to be evaluated on external factors rather than on Jones vs MacKinnon. By this I mean if the Avs defense really continues to suck and never gets better, people are always going to say "Should have drafted Jones." But if EJ establishes himself as a #1 and/or Bigras ends up a top pairing defensemen, people will think that MacKinnon was the correct pick.

All I can really say is that if Bigras can end up as a top pairing defensemen (really big assumption), the Avs made the right call. This is simply because the difference between Bigras and Jones would be less than the difference between MacKinnon than say De La Rose/Dauphin/etc. I think the odds are that either one could have been the right pick at #1, and really Barkov could have been thrown in that group as well.

I had tickets to the Spits game this Saturday when they played Owen Sound. I bought them specifically so I could see Bigras play. Despite Windsor killing them 6-0, Bigras was by far the best player on the ice for Owen Sound. Real agile for a d man and made nice crisp passes. He had one mistake going for a jump ball on a puck in the air that lead to a Windsor breakaway, but other then that he was solid. i wish he didnt play on such a bad team. I sat next to the visitor penalty box, I was hoping he would get called so I could toss my Avs hat over the glass for an autograph haha. He's gonna be a stud.

Sidenote: I've hit 100 posts, am I no longer a HF rookie? :laugh:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I had tickets to the Spits game this Saturday when they played Owen Sound. I bought them specifically so I could see Bigras play. Despite Windsor killing them 6-0, Bigras was by far the best player on the ice for Owen Sound. Real agile for a d man and made nice crisp passes. He had one mistake going for a jump ball on a puck in the air that lead to a Windsor breakaway, but other then that he was solid. i wish he didnt play on such a bad team. I sat next to the visitor penalty box, I was hoping he would get called so I could toss my Avs hat over the glass for an autograph haha. He's gonna be a stud.

Sidenote: I've hit 100 posts, am I no longer a HF rookie? :laugh:

We'll upgrade you to "HF Prospect". :p:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

He won't in time... I expect Bigras to be traded for futures before the deadline.

Burnaby_Joe*

If Tanguay is out for a while, and with the trade of Downie, I think we'll go to a more traditional 2 scoring lines, a shutdown line, and a fourth line.

I'd go

Radar-Duchene-PAP
Landy-Stastny-MacKinnon
McGinn-Mitchell-Talbot
McLeod-Cliche-Bordeleau

I'd like to see the lines like this, too

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I was just trolling :sarcasm:

You didn't use the smiley initially, but now you use it.

I'm not sure that's how you are supposed to do it, according to the rules. If we don't properly mark irony and sarcasm with smiley's, only anarchy remains.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
DP: "Rookie Nathan MacKinnon has been moved to right wing on the Paul Stastny-centered line, opposite left wing Gabe Landeskog. The left-shooting Tanguay was on that line and the right-shooting MacKinnon was centering what was considered the third line.

John Mitchell has replaced MacKinnon as the third-line center, with left wing Jamie McGinn and newcomer Max Talbot on the right side."

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
DP: "Rookie Nathan MacKinnon has been moved to right wing on the Paul Stastny-centered line, opposite left wing Gabe Landeskog. The left-shooting Tanguay was on that line and the right-shooting MacKinnon was centering what was considered the third line.

John Mitchell has replaced MacKinnon as the third-line center, with left wing Jamie McGinn and newcomer Max Talbot on the right side."

guess they are going to use third line in more of a shutdown role and free up the 2nd line?

esp. as it's against nashville. i think mitchell line can handle it.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
I hereby remove the "HF prospect" status granted to you by Bubba.

Gotta improve your sarcasm detection skills if you're gonna be postin on the Avs forum ;)

Hencheman constantly has rediculous remarks regarding almost every subject, therefore I won't consider anything he says as sarcasm. Cuz who really knows with that guy?

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor

Nice, our new second line is gonna put up at least 3 goals against Nashville.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
guess they are going to use third line in more of a shutdown role and free up the 2nd line?

esp. as it's against nashville. i think mitchell line can handle it.

Well really, who do you have to shutdown in Nashville?? Hornqvist? Legwand?? That's about it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad