OT: Smart TV

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Does anybody have a smart TV that they they stream (via NBC app) the games though? I realize the season is at max 3 games longer but I've been streaming through the app through HDMI from cpu to TV or though firestick and it's been "EH" at best.

Wondering if I had a smart TV if I could expect it to be improved or should I expect similar quality that I currently get through laptop

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Does anybody have a smart TV that they they stream (via NBC app) the games though? I realize the season is at max 3 games longer but I've been streaming through the app through HDMI from cpu to TV or though firestick and it's been "EH" at best.

Wondering if I had a smart TV if I could expect it to be improved or should I expect similar quality that I currently get through laptop

You should not expect a quality change unless the quality of the Internet connection changes. Hdmi supports up to 4k so you aren't losing any quality from computer to TV. If your TV Internet was hardwired and your computer was WiFi though you may get better quality.

The actual software on smart TVs typically runs a little worse than their computer or streaming device counterparts. So to me the problem is most likely going to be fixed by you with a better Internet connection only

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
Good points by zero8771. Also, if you are using Wifi because of a lack on convenience for a wired connection switching to a powerline adapter would likely help your situation in terms of connection quality.

They are easy to install and I've used them to help people having connection issues more than a few times. It will essentially let it function as if it's wired and the connection will perform much better than Wifi. Especially if you're in an environment that isn't conductive to good wifi performance (cement block and another types of homes).

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
I use a Roku to stream the games directly plugged into the router for internet. I have 120MB down speed and my stream constantly freezes and the quality drops frequently. This only happens when using the NBC app.. I think it's the crappy app

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I just realized last Xbox has a nbcsports app and it worked great. Jail broken fire stick suuuucks

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I use a Roku to stream the games directly plugged into the router for internet. I have 120MB down speed and my stream constantly freezes and the quality drops frequently. This only happens when using the NBC app.. I think it's the crappy app

All those considered yeah the app sucks. I think the app is only available through the smart TV on Samsung's? I'm not sure but I think so and that is crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad