WWE: Smackdown LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns kicked off SmackDown to a big reaction, mostly boos. Reigns cuts a promo similar to RAW, about how he's "THE" guy, not good or bad. AJ Styles comes out to a big pop and they trade promos. Reigns talks down to AJ and leaves the ring with AJ looking on. Styles and Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho is announced

* The Vaudevillains vs. Sin Cara and WWE United States Champion Kalisto is first. Good pop for Aiden English and Simon Gotch for the entrance but the match felt like a Superstars taping. Kalisto took the pin after a double team. The Vaudevillains celebrated after the match

* Natalya defeated Summer Rae with a Sharpshooter. WWE Women's Champion Charlotte and Ric Flair were on commentary. Charlotte and Natalya had a staredown after the match but Charlotte left without anything happening

* WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz retained over Zack Ryder. Maryse came out after Ryder but didn't get much of a pop, then introduced her husband. Maryse ended up interfering, allowing Miz to hit the Skull Crushing Finale for the win

* Backstage segment with The Dudley Boyz talking about Roman Reigns

* Apollo Crews defeated Curtis Axel in a fairly quick match. Good pop for Crews, better than The Vaudevillains

* Backstage segment with Becky Lynch talking about the WWE Women's Title. Emma interrupts to set up a match

* Backstage segment with Baron Corbin talking about Dolph Ziggler

* Dean Ambrose squashed Tyler Breeze. Huge pop for Ambrose. After the match, Chris Jericho came out for the next match and they traded looks on the ramp

* Vignette for Primo and Epico from Puerto Rico airs

* Jericho cuts a heel promo in the ring but it looks like it was dark for a commercial. Kevin Owens, Cesaro and AJ Styles are out for their tag match. Good pops for everyone here

* Cesaro and AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho in a solid main event. Sami Zayn came out at the end and wanted to fight but officials held him back. This led to AJ rolling a distracted Owens up for the win. After the match, Owens went at Sami on the floor and laid him out. The Dudley Boyz ran down and attacked AJ in the ring until Roman Reigns made the save. AJ and Reigns cleared the ring and stared each other down. They shook hands, still staring at each other, to end the show

Oct 18, 2011
was hoping they'd keep ambrose off tv for a while..
and why is roman helping AJ for no reason....

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
was hoping they'd keep ambrose off tv for a while..
and why is roman helping AJ for no reason....

I agree, give him a couple weeks to sell the (tame) beating from the beast if they don't have any plans for him. Idk how I feel about an Ambrose/Jericho rivalry

Roman making the save is too face, they should have had Roman stand on the ramp and watch AJ get beat down then attack AJ like a true heel!! Don't act heel in a beggining promo then face at the end

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
When the spoilers say he mostly got boos instead of mostly getting cheers as they have been for the past 500 weeks (when it was clear he was getting booed) I'll still hold out hope !

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh god don't shake hands.

Why are the Dudleyz even involved?

Completely forgot Emma was around, would be a good match.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Start a great feud between E&C and the Dudleys only to have them attack Roman for no reason.

One step forward, two back. Vince.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Told you that they aren't turning him heel they are trying to make him a tweener.

Roman Reigns v. John Cena in a match to determine the best wrestler whose crowd reactions have the highest selective indifference amongst them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh god don't shake hands.

Why are the Dudleyz even involved?

Completely forgot Emma was around, would be a good match.

I was under the impression this wasn't a call up for Emma, just a one time thing to fill that tag match up.

Know she already lost to Asuka, but she seems like a good feud for face Asuka once Bayley goes up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
She had a match on Main Event this week with Paige, might be a full call up.

Weird. Leaves All Red and Jax as your top heels down there. This just didn't seem like the time to call up any women IMO.

But then again they are holding Becky and Sasha back in the title picture for a bit so they need bodies to feed those two until they go back for the title.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yeah, Emma is fodder for Becky and Sasha. Which is fine.

For for NXT, they've got Billie Key and Payton Royce that are ready to be used in a bigger roll. Those two are talented, and they're due the push up the card to become real characters. Dana Brook is still about too.

But it's not like there isn't a ton of good women out there that they can sign. They had a bunch of tryouts with the Shimmer/Shine lot a while back, so I expect them to follow up on those. I had actually expected to see some signing by now really.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dolph Ziggler was in the dark match last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad