WWE: Smackdown Live 26: Everyone's tough until The Man comes around

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Burning down the compund was like the one endearing moment of that whole feud. The whole world knew Randy was going to turn on Wyatt...... Except Wyatt

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
“Randy!”

He was so happy :( little did he know...

So were we. Little did we know it was gonna end with those creepy crawlies in the ring. I would've loved for Wyatt to retain had the plot been better executed post compound burn down. Orton would have had hell to pay for what he did if he lost at Mania.

Oh God that house of horrors match though.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wyatt's bound to win at WM eventually.....hopefully whenever he returns with his tweaked/repackaged character, he'll go on another run and maybe, just maybe, Vince will let him win a feud.

I still think he should've beaten Taker.....or if Taker had suggested it, someone backstage should've listened. It would've done wonders for Wyatt's character progression.

Instead, it was just another loss added to the pile, and he had to start over again.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Honestly, if they kind of humanized Bray a bit more it could be a bit of a benefit. The over the top promo's would probably mean more to the every day person if he kind of just toned it back a bit. I can't wait to see what they do with him/if anything.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Posing in front of the fire was hilarious. Gotta love those LOL moments.

Also, really digging the DB heel turn. I like the whole idea of the awakening he had inside that hyperbolic chamber. Heard Jericho say on his podcast that he’s heard the new theme song as well so we will probably be getting that soon too

Hilarious, absolutely but in that it was so unbelievably stupid it was funny but it was one bullet in the feud that helped to kill it.

Reactions: Tw1ster

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Bray was too good for that angle. It was excellent to a certain point but even when it went from gold to shit, Bray killed it. His acting the week after the compound was burnt down was amazing.

And here we are. Month 94 of him being held off TV because they ruined him.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Man, remember how excited everyone was when we thought they were gonna add Harper and make it a triple threat? Sad they missed that boat.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah they f***ed that up pretty badly.

Even worse though was when trying to create the tension they had that finish where Harper and Orton were supposed to hit the floor at the same time but it was obvious as all hell that Harper hit like...a full second earlier.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah they ****ed that up pretty badly.

Even worse though was when trying to create the tension they had that finish where Harper and Orton were supposed to hit the floor at the same time but it was obvious as all hell that Harper hit like...a full second earlier.
Harper and Styles actually.

Harper’s run in that period was amazing. Great matches with Orton and Styles, over as hell. It was the logical move to add him to the title match but they didn’t take it and he faded away into a tag team again, and faded away again because of an injury to his partner.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Harper and Styles actually.

Harper’s run in that period was amazing. Great matches with Orton and Styles, over as hell. It was the logical move to add him to the title match but they didn’t take it and he faded away into a tag team again, and faded away again because of an injury to his partner.
Harper is out injured too, with Rowan out injured he's opted to have his wrist surgery.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I still love some Shelton. He’s still not a great promo which was always the knock but he’s one of the top five workers on the roster.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think my biggest issue with the show is that it missed 3 important parts.

1) There was no fallout from going "winless" at Survivor Series.

2) The show needs Becky Lynch. Even if it is a promo.

3) AJ held the belt for a year and doesn't even have an issue losing it after a low blow? It's weird as hell. I know in real life he wants time with his family, but the story has to be told. He lost the belt and disappeared even though it was a cheap loss. Infuriating from a story perspective.
They could have had AJ take his time off after TLC and then return in the rumble. That to me would have been better

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
It was absolutely a stupid show and the complete lack of fallout from Survivor Series.

As good as DB’s promo was, this feud still doesn’t make a ton of sense, especially on the AJ side.
I didn't even care for the Bryan promo. It wasn't awful but to me it seemed like a poor man's Ambrose promo. This is so far a way better heel Bryan than the last one though, I'll give him that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Come on. In your heart of hearts you knew this company wasn’t going to give Harper that kind of push.
Hear, hear. He's got the same problem as Rowan in that unless you completely reinvent the character right down to their music like they did with Strowman, you're boxed in and can't do much with a cult follower that looks like he belongs on Lord Of The Rings. Harper was never fully removed of his association with Wyatt despite looking the part. That hurt imo

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hear, hear. He's got the same problem as Rowan in that unless you completely reinvent the character right down to their music like they did with Strowman, you're boxed in and can't do much with a cult follower that looks like he belongs on Lord Of The Rings. Harper was never fully removed of his association with Wyatt despite looking the part. That hurt imo

Harper might be a guy that needs to go work the Indies for a year or so and reinvent himself, himself and then return to the WWE.

It kinda sucks that as soon as the Bludgeon Brothers gimmick actually started to gain steam, injuries got in the way again.

Now it seems they might be reforming the Wyatt family, which if done right is great, but I'd like them to make it more of a trio rather than Wyatt as the leader I think.

Bring up Nikki Cross and work her into a Wyatt Family/Sanity feud.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Nikki Cross is so...weird.

She's obviously ready and has been for a long time. Not sure what they're gaining by keeping her down. (And I believe she's still down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad