WWE: Smackdown Live 24: "Flossing like it's Fortnite" And Take the champ's photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Here’s an idea if they’re hellbent on making Becky a heel: have Lynch go at this not alone. Maybe with someone with a bit of........

SAnitY

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Becky’s one of the few I’ve barely seen people clamour to turn heel lol. She’s a natural babyface like Bryan.
I've seen it alot on multiple boards. I think that's why people marked out when she turned, not because she went after Charlotte. It was the same when Bailey attacked Sasha and will be the case if they finally pull the trigger on Roman as a heel.

Becky has been stale as f*** for a long time. This was needed to make her character fresh again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I've seen it alot on multiple boards. I think that's why people marked out when she turned, not because she went after Charlotte. It was the same when Bailey attacked Sasha and will be the case if they finally pull the trigger on Roman as a heel.

Becky has been stale as **** for a long time. This was needed to make her character fresh again.
Becky's barely done anything of note for several months up until now lol.

They cheered her because fans aren't stupid. Becky fought her way up for months to get a title shot, Charlotte returns from her boob thing and gets gifted a title opportunity, and steals the victory from Becky. How they're portraying Charlotte as the face in all of this is beyond me, because Becky is clearly the underdog who found an edge needed to succeed now after having the odds stacked against her for so long. Fans aren't going to accept this story at all if they try moving forward with Becky as a heel. This should simply be another layer added onto Becky's face character, and if the company were smart, they would do it as such when she cuts a promo on SD NOT turning on the crowd, but telling the truth about the differences between Charlotte and herself.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Becky has been stale as **** for a long time. This was needed to make her character fresh again.

Agreed, it was great to see, but I'm just hoping Creative realizes from that fan reaction that the fans are firmly behind Becky, and don't see her as the heel if/when her and Charlotte lock horns again.

That "you deserve it" chant from SS, as I saw it, was meant for Becky as in she deserved the title. Or that Charlotte deserved the beatdown she got. I think the lackeys calling the match were trying to tell us the "you deserve it" chant was in celebration of Charlotte's title win. Which I found quite funny.

The fans are behind Becky regardless, just as they're going to continue hating on Roman regardless of how many ways Creative tries to prop him up as an unstoppable machine.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Becky's barely done anything of note for several months up until now lol.

They cheered her because fans aren't stupid. Becky fought her way up for months to get a title shot, Charlotte returns from her boob thing and gets gifted a title opportunity, and steals the victory from Becky. How they're portraying Charlotte as the face in all of this is beyond me, because Becky is clearly the underdog who found an edge needed to succeed now after having the odds stacked against her for so long. Fans aren't going to accept this story at all if they try moving forward with Becky as a heel. This should simply be another layer added onto Becky's face character, and if the company were smart, they would do it as such when she cuts a promo on SD NOT turning on the crowd, but telling the truth about the differences between Charlotte and herself.
Its I beyond you how they're portraying Charlotte as the face?

She saves her friend from being attacked. It's not her fault she was gifted an opportunity and makes no sense for her to be blamed for "stealing" the victory in a winner takes all match

Reactions: SnS

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Its I beyond you how they're portraying Charlotte as the face?

She saves her friend from being attacked. It's not her fault she was gifted an opportunity and makes no sense for her to be blamed for "stealing" the victory in a winner takes all match
Who she is affords her more opportunities than someone like Becky Lynch would get. That has been evident in the writing for years now, and the fans realize it, and it should 100% become a part of the story they tell because fans are not going to accept Charlotte as the face.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don’t think creative is capable of telling a nuisanced story that keeps them both face, so it is better to tell the simplier story where Charlotte is the entitled heel with Becky as the underdog face.

If the plan is to try and get fans to cheer for Charlotte over Becky it is going to fall flat on its face.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don’t think creative is capable of telling a nuisanced story that keeps them both face, so it is better to tell the simplier story where Charlotte is the entitled heel with Becky as the underdog face.

If the plan is to try and get fans to cheer for Charlotte over Becky it is going to fall flat on its face.

Hey now, if anyone knows how to get fans to cheer for someone they hate, it's WWE Creative. :sarcasm:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Yeah, she's so stale that's why everyone was pulling for her Sunday night before she turned.

Look dude, I don't care if she's heel or not, put the strap on her already. If they absolutely insist on going with Charlotte for the 800000th time, then sure make Becky a heel. I just think it's hilarious that they have about as surefire a babyface as you could have and they turn her heel.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At the same time, fans have been crying for a Becky heel turn for years, it finally happens and now they complain about it.
I think I was the only one doing that, but they were also not doing anything with her.

They're making Charlotte the female Roman Reigns, so eventually it's going to be the same dichotomy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah the similarities to how Roman is booked compared to Charlotte are becoming apparent.

Ronda might be getting that treatment as well. It isn’t going to work.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah, she's so stale that's why everyone was pulling for her Sunday night before she turned.

Look dude, I don't care if she's heel or not, put the strap on her already. If they absolutely insist on going with Charlotte for the 800000th time, then sure make Becky a heel. I just think it's hilarious that they have about as surefire a babyface as you could have and they turn her heel.

What's sad is that Creative likely didn't even notice that if Becky turning heel was the intention, it sure as hell didn't sound like the fans were upset. I didn't hear a single boo when she popped Charlotte. More like an eruption of cheering, something more reserved for a wrestler who is a face in the eyes of the WWE universe.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
What's sad is that Creative likely didn't even notice that if Becky turning heel was the intention, it sure as hell didn't sound like the fans were upset. I didn't hear a single boo when she popped Charlotte. More like an eruption of cheering, something more reserved for a wrestler who is a face in the eyes of the WWE universe.

Sadly, turning heel will probably hurt her merch sales with the group most likely to support her as a top babyface, little girls.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jeff Hardy vs Randy Orton
AJ Styles Interview
Peyton Royce vs Naomi

SPECIAL Edition of SmackDown!

They have New Day vs Harper/Rowan for the titles advertised, so unless Rowan ended up not being injured, that match probably won't happen

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Becky arguably got the best face reaction on the show.

They better have, they wrote a story to get that exact reaction.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seeing as they are reportedly planning to do Horsewomen vs Horsewomen at Survivor Series, including a possible angle at Evolution, it's gonna be mighty hard for Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, and Bayley to suddenly be on the same page and it make sense storyline wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->