Smaaahl

Pontiac

Mar 6, 2009
Been out of the loop with some health issues, however went to a couple of Moose Jaw AAA games. Cory Millette seems to have it together. Played well in both games.

Talked with a fellow from S'toon, and apparantly all the '95's on the Contacts are contributing.

Going to Regina tommorrow am. Hopefully catch the ND/MJ game on way home. Hounds not doing too well according to the stats. Not many '95's on the roster though.

Good to get back to the rinks.

schoolboyjones

Sep 10, 2009
It is a big jump for 15 yr olds playing midget AAA.

The ones that stand out so far are Mackay in Swift, Yew in NB, Shields on Contacts, Williams in Regina, Millette and King in MJ, Maclean in Tisdale.

The rest are playing and contributing, but have not had a major impact on their teams yet. It is a really competitive league, and if a team is not prepared they can be beaten by any other team in the league.

The WHL should look at drafting kids after their first year of midget. It would be a better indication of how kids will do at the major junior level, playing with older and more mature players.

Pontiac

Mar 6, 2009
The bantam/midget draft issue has been beat up by WHL. The board feels that AB and BC bantams have enuf experience. Sk and Mb aren't quite so important.

I noticed some WHL scouts @ the crushed can, checking their prospects and/or evaluating some new ones. Notice lots of '94 born draft pics have been 're-assigned' (cut) from whl teams and are doing well in midget.

Boys that weren't drafted are still listed with whl teams. Draft isn't as important as internet scouts make it out to be.

Contacts are top in league and have about 1/3 roster are '95. Good scouting and relations there. Roger's Huskie program helped as well.

What's up with the ND Hounds?? Give up 2/3 of the goals against in the 3rd period??
Overtime losses??? Doesn't seem like the Hounds of old.

schoolboyjones

Sep 10, 2009
The Hounds are actually the Argos (sort of??). With league implemented changes in late August, the Hounds were not able to transfer the stronger players from the Argos as in past years. So the Argos had to keep their young players that were developed last year, and they also got the head coach from the Hounds. The Hounds are a much younger and less experienced team, similar to the Argo teams of old.

Pontiac

Mar 6, 2009
Stopped in Wilcox Tue nite. Saw old friends, met some new ones. Hounds were horrible. Goaltender (Fuhr) had an off night for sure. Poor effort, ND is lucky MJ didn't try very hard either. Cory Millette played well, however it would have been difficult to pick a game star for ND.

Dropped the skidoo off in Weyburn Sat. and went out to ND for supper and the ND/Tisdale game. Tisdale scored a couple of weak goals at the start, looked like a repeat of Tue., but Hounds fought back, Good fast game to watch. ND ran out of time, but had the Trojans on their heels for most of the 3rd.
Ty McLean and Taylor Balog were the best for Tisdale. Williams, Faith and Cardiff for ND. Todd Liskowitch (sp??) was on the Hounds bench. Wasn't on the program.
Apparantly the ND Bantam AA team, coached by Humphries, has been tearing it up, winning the Dryden and Grand Forks tournaments. AAA team didn't win a game in Chicago, but lost in the final in the Hat.

Watcher

Sep 29, 2009
Interested to see how the 15 year-olds are doing this year.

Can someone please share how the rookies in their first year are doing? Who's standing out and who to watch. Thanks

What's up with last years #1 pick, Forsberg? Was glancing at the Beardy's stats page and I see he hasn't played since late October. Major injury?? Anyone know? Thanks.

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
I heard the shoulder storie too, but it says in the PA paper he is recovering from a broken foot?

B007

Aug 1, 2009
See Forsberg back in lineup tonight vs. Contacts according to boxscores.

schoolboyjones

Sep 10, 2009
race for the end is close

It looks like the last few games of the season are going to have a lot of impact in 1st round playoff matchups...

Anyone catch the ND Argos - Yorkton game on Thursday? That outcome was not expected!

livehockey12

Sep 7, 2009
Hounds vs Trojans
Blackhawks vs Pat C's

If anyone is attending these games, I'd very much appreciate some feedback. (More so on the 'hawks and Pats game.)

wildeyes

Nov 5, 2007
Hawks and the Pats was a snoozer. No real action from both teams no intensity. Pats came out slow and no jump in the step. Hawks pressured the hell out of the pats. Quicker of the teams. Black is unreal tho put up some points.

a1s2

Feb 23, 2009
Looking at Forsberg this year (1.52 ppg) against last year (1.63), any reasons as to why his production has dropped? He doesn't have Fiddler scoring over a goal a game but he clearly has other productive linemates. Has his game plateaued this year? Thanks!

IDC

Dec 22, 2009
Forsberg...

Not sure what is going on with him. He is definitley not having the same year as last year, no doubt about it. From what i could find he has 0 points in three games at the Winter games also. In fact he wasn't even on the scoresheet in the third game. Injury bug? Hope not

schoolboyjones

Sep 10, 2009
They said on TSN that he had a concussion from the Manitoba game. I think he has already had 2 or 3 concussions back in PeeWee???

What's the magic number (or is there one) for kids?

scout111

Nov 26, 2010
Nic Petan has been living up to expectations with his performance at the Canada Winter Games. He has been dominant in Major Midget all year averaging nearly 1.5 points per game. Also, the one player i've notice the most to be a dominant, huge force on the ice is Kyle Burroughs. He leads the BCMML in dmen scoring and plus minus i believe. And was the tounrmaents #1 Dmen at the canada games. In game 1, he played almost the entire overtime. Arvin Atwal has also been exceeding expectations for a ninth rounder playing in the BCMML

B007

Aug 1, 2009
Surprised to see Beardys go out in three straight. Yorkton still alive. Regina/ND close series, can go either way. Any idea for the finals?

raiderfan

Oct 27, 2008
Surprised to see Beardys go out in three straight. Yorkton still alive. Regina/ND close series, can go either way. Any idea for the finals?

So does Forsberg get called up today ? My guess is yes. Yorkton has a gritty team but I really cant see them keeping up with the Mintos again in game 4.

schoolboyjones

Sep 10, 2009
Obviously the smart money is on PA, but it sure would be nice to see the underdog force a game 5 with a win at home tonight.

IDC

Dec 22, 2009
To be short and sweet, not enough aboriginal content on the team in the last couple of years. New Chief, new rules. That is the rumor...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->