Slow down...

Rod Buskas*

lol @ CBJ fans getting chirpy. just be happy your team is still in existence.

Signed,

The Champs

Ron*

how are you guys doing this year again?

Fine. See the avatar to my left.

By the way, I drew up one for you...a little lazy at the end, would have had to do the shadows for each letter...that's a lot of work.

Also, colors for the CBJ background are RGB (4,30,66) and the font used on the SC banner is a modified version of the standard Futura Condensed (Extra Bold), in case if anyone is interested.

cbj33.jpg

Rod Buskas*

By the way, I drew up one for you...a little lazy at the end, would have had to do the shadows for each letter...that's a lot of work.

Also, colors for the CBJ background are RGB (4,30,66) and the font used on the SC banner is a modified version of the standard Futura Condensed (Extra Bold), in case if anyone is interested.

cbj33.jpg

Lol. BeautIful

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Can't wait to see the Blue Jackets rush another 1st round pick who will eventually turn into a bust or be dealt. Have to love the trash talking from a fan of the most inept NHL organization.

RonSwanson*

Were only 3 games into the season and have made improvements in each of the games. Were 3 games into the season and I'm reading people wanting to fire this, and trade that, and wave this. REALLY? Well I'm glad DL is in charge at this point and not some of you.

Some of the players aren't performing as we would like but you need to see the real picture here. Training camp is 2 weeks old, and we've never been good out of the gate in that short of a time anyway. Guys can be a little sore still, timing's are off a little, it takes time for the chemistry to build back up. They're on the road and don't have the time they need to work on those little things, so they need to work on them during games. I'm not ready to panic yet, not in the least. As long as I see a steady stream of improvements, I'm happy.

Get rid of Richards???? ROFLMFAO!!! You guys are so funny sometimes! Look what he's done in the playoffs. He was as big of a part of winning the Stanley Cup as damn near Kopi, Brown, or Quick. Yes, he most likely cost us the game in Oil country for a few reasons, (was his back door PK which scored the game winner, he did have the puck and failed to hit the empty net on a hurried shot, and he left the ice slow for that penalty in OT) but i think he's earned some credit with his "fans" for services rendered.

Lets see more improvement Saturday then talk. Were only 3 points out of a playoff spot!! :D

Are you really Ms. "Rinkrat" Zampelli?

RonSwanson*

cbj33.jpg

Thanks, buddy. I'll keep that handy in case my Photoshop eyedropper tool ever magically disappears. :laugh:

MSRinkRat

May 4, 2012
I think we should all pack it in here guys as the CBJ are winning the cup this year!

I'm so worried about them, that I felt the need to check out their standings and stats so far this year. I DO think one thing is true however, Jack MF Johnson surely has his team fallowing suit in the + - department. Wow I see the top scorer 4 games into the season has 4 points! Bummer he is also leading the team with a -5. How does that work?! If my BEST + - Player is a -+0 i don't think I would run around the internet pounding my chest on how great my team was. I know what your going to say, "The Kings don't have better stats". This is true, however, we KNOW 2 things that you fail to see or admit 1. We know they are playing badly now. 2. WE GOT THE CUP!

Good luck making the playoffs this year CBJ fan.:D

oh and I'm not MS anyone.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The Jackets' fan is terribly obsessed with the Kings, Drouin, MacKinnon, Barkov and whoever the Jackets might draft. I can understand that but now I have to read it over here. I can confirm he does not care about the Kings. ;)

Hoping the Kings continue to fail this year and Columbus gets a shot to get MacKinnon and Drouin

Good news guys! we arent the most offensive inept offense in Hockey! Also the Kings offense is pretty cold, lets hope it stays that way

CBJFan19 said:
how are you guys doing this year again?

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Were only 3 games into the season and have made improvements in each of the games. Were 3 games into the season and I'm reading people wanting to fire this, and trade that, and wave this. REALLY? Well I'm glad DL is in charge at this point and not some of you.

Some of the players aren't performing as we would like but you need to see the real picture here. Training camp is 2 weeks old, and we've never been good out of the gate in that short of a time anyway. Guys can be a little sore still, timing's are off a little, it takes time for the chemistry to build back up. They're on the road and don't have the time they need to work on those little things, so they need to work on them during games. I'm not ready to panic yet, not in the least. As long as I see a steady stream of improvements, I'm happy.

Well said.

And I've followed hockey for over 40 years and always entertains me how easily some so called 'fans's hit the panic button and want their stars heads on platter.
Times may change but some things don't. There's always gonna be some fans that don't understand that it's full season. Bad start and they want coaches fired, top players traded. 'insert name of star top 6 player' sucks....yeah okay after 3 games without camp.
This is a very good team. most of them havent' played in 7 mos, and had no training camp. Seen the Rangers lately? They're piss poor too, so are the Flyers, and other teams. Some teams got off to great starts, but that won't last for 45 odd games in 90 days. They'll hit their ruts in the road as well and have to work around injuries.

This is the same team that went 29-9-3 from March on, dominating other teams. The same top two centers that no other team could match down the middle that dominated thru all 4 series. The same great goalie, the same shutdown defense. No othe Cup team in recent memory has hte luxury of having their whole team back.

IT"S ONLY 3 GAMES!!!

Get grip, get a real hockey IQ and let them play their way thru it.
Prior to game 1, I had them 3-3 in January due to no camp. They'll get their timing back, get their legs back, get the W's.

What killed them the last 2 games was the lack of PP scoring, their 5 x 5 was okay. That lack of PP successi the area that is glowing red right now. From losing the faceoffs and having to start from their own zone ,to (other the MR who moves all the time) not enough moving around . I watched some of the games last night and the PP's that were effective had their 5 moving and rotating, keepijng the other team out of position.

Stop the panic alreadly, this team is fine.

Ron*

^^^ This.

It is really sad that you have to even spell it out for some of these people.

Any one who has been following hockey for any length of time (not even close to 40 years like you or even longer for me) should know this.

Ron*

Thanks, buddy. I'll keep that handy in case my Photoshop eyedropper tool ever magically disappears. :laugh:

Yeah, the problem with me is I use Photoshop so infrequently these days I have to learn it all over again every time I employ it. :laugh: And I don't take exhaustive notes on each new project like I used to...getting lazy.

sueroe

Jun 24, 2006
Well said.

And I've followed hockey for over 40 years and always entertains me how easily some so called 'fans's hit the panic button and want their stars heads on platter.
Times may change but some things don't. There's always gonna be some fans that don't understand that it's full season. Bad start and they want coaches fired, top players traded. 'insert name of star top 6 player' sucks....yeah okay after 3 games without camp.
This is a very good team. most of them havent' played in 7 mos, and had no training camp. Seen the Rangers lately? They're piss poor too, so are the Flyers, and other teams. Some teams got off to great starts, but that won't last for 45 odd games in 90 days. They'll hit their ruts in the road as well and have to work around injuries.

This is the same team that went 29-9-3 from March on, dominating other teams. The same top two centers that no other team could match down the middle that dominated thru all 4 series. The same great goalie, the same shutdown defense. No othe Cup team in recent memory has hte luxury of having their whole team back.

IT"S ONLY 3 GAMES!!!

Get grip, get a real hockey IQ and let them play their way thru it.
Prior to game 1, I had them 3-3 in January due to no camp. They'll get their timing back, get their legs back, get the W's.

What killed them the last 2 games was the lack of PP scoring, their 5 x 5 was okay. That lack of PP successi the area that is glowing red right now. From losing the faceoffs and having to start from their own zone ,to (other the MR who moves all the time) not enough moving around . I watched some of the games last night and the PP's that were effective had their 5 moving and rotating, keepijng the other team out of position.

Stop the panic alreadly, this team is fine.
I agree, but also the teams like the little oilers are in mid season form, especially the young guns playing in the AHL together. Most of our guys are still in preseason form, Kopitar just back from injury etc. You definitely can tell the difference with players getting gassed in the third. The guys that have been playing definitely have the advantage this soon in and these games are important given the shortened season, but each game will get better. You already see Quick ironing out the kinks after the first few games. The PP has been an recurring issue, but hopefully they can rectify something there as well.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Now is a perfect time to panic. :wg:

The funny thing is the Kings have (almost) worked themselves into as must-win situation in game #4...

3 NHL teams have no wins yet in this young season, and one of them is the SC Champs. :(

No pressure.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
we started to see some flow midway through the EDM game. they started getting some cycling and transition the last half of the game. the larger issue was then running out of gas to keep it going.

the guys that played in the ahl, echl, euro and khl in most cases are ahead of the curve. they have their lungs and their legs. there is NO substitute for actual game time, not even practice. you can workout, jog, ride bikes all you want to work on conditioning. none of them can replicate on ice time. for all the off ice work i did, i still puked a few times in the trash can once getting back on the ice.

i think one reason that someone like Clifford is being so dominant right now is because he is in 'game shape'. many of the guys he's up against arent, so he is able to outwork them. they don't have the strength or cardio to keep up with him. it could also be that maybe Big Red has taken a step upwards in his progression. no one knows and only time will tell.

its the PP that is the most concerning at this point. yes i know there is timing that only comes from time on ice. my concern is the continuing inability to finish, the same as last year. to much talent out there to continue being this ineffective.

special teams right now are more important than ever as teams work themselves into shape. they could have buried EDM the other night with the PP. knowing they would run out gas late in the game, they could have protected a lead and conserved energy.

what i do to address and fix the PP:
*too many chiefs out there and we don't need an all star unit on the ice together on the #1 units.

*Kopi and Richards out there together on the same side hasn't worked since last season, so stop it. drop Richards to the #2 to QB the low half board.

*the #1 especially needs to get some big body(s) in front of the net. i want Clifford, Nolan or King out there. they will park their ass in front, take the punishment and clean the trash up. i don't need highlight reel goals. i want goals.

*the other night i noticed that both Carter and DB are playing the posts for tips. again no one is parking their ass and causing screens and havoc for the keeper or the D.

*DD especially needs to a) move the puck faster and b) stop taking damn slap shots. he's slowing the pp movement with what he's doing and his weak slap shots are taking to much time to get to the net, which are usually blocked or saved. quick wristers and snappers Drew. just get the puck down low, stop trying to shoot it through the goalie's chest.

*Kopi on the half board hasn't worked for how many years now? why keep going back to this? get the guy of the wall and working the weakside on his offhand, so he can shoot. which ironically is where he sets up now.

*the PP seems to run most often from the right point, which is where Drew sets up. slide DD over to the left point on his offhand and run it from this side. this will put Drew, Kopi and Carter on their offhands. LA is way to focused on guys playing to their stickside to the point i think its a detriment.

in fact both units run the same approach, so look to rotate this to confuse the opposing PK unit. this will cause a cluster**** for them, because the point of attack will change on line changes.

* #1 PP line and position
Carter (left post - corner), Clifford/Nolan/King (screen, trash position), Kopi (weakside, half board), DD (left point), Williams (right pt), Voynov (right pt).

Williams? yep i would like to see them try this. he is one of the only guys that can stick handle and make room on this squad. i'm not looking for him for a heavy pt shot. what im looking for is someone that can make space, control the puck, pull PK coverage out and feed Kopitar. if this doesn't work, then back to a traditional 3F/2D configuration.

the setup is based on most guys playing on their offhand so they get opportunities free lanes to shoot and mismatched. the exception to this the low post F in the trash zone and the right point, especially the right point. this spot has to play to his stick side so they can better work the puck between DD and Kopi.

i think with this type of design and config it moves the point of attack from two different sides and angles, all the while you've got a big body in front and then Carter sitting on a post for clean up.

* #2 PP - take the same philosophy, but then rotate it the other way. it's a bit different since Richards would also be setup the same as Kopi on the #1, but the primary feed is from the right pt.
Brown (low left post), Clifford/Nolan/King (screen, trash), Richards (strong side, half board), Willie (left pt), AMart (right pt) - Muzzin (left pt, until 33 returns).

i thought willie did a very good job on the PP last season when he was out there, so why not keep putting one of the most stable and effective guys on the PP?

*the big mix up - swap Carter with Richards. why? Richie likes playing the low post and making the stuff play. so put him on the backside of the #1 for stuff plays across the ice from Kopi. plus he is there for tip shots from DD.

this also moves Carter on to the #2 unit with a right hand shot, so they can go with a same offhand system as my original #1 config.

dude your off your rocker!!! maybe. they need to try something though they haven't been doing. how long will they keep working the same PP that does NOTHING? they have the talent, they just need to use it differently so teams stop playing them the same. effective PP units must be able to confuse and stretch a PK and LA's does not do this. putting on a passing clinic, with the occasional shot from the point or stuff shot just doesn't do it

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
i think one reason that someone like Clifford is being so dominant right now is because he is in 'game shape'. many of the guys he's up against arent, so he is able to outwork them. they don't have the strength or cardio to keep up with him. it could also be that maybe Big Red has taken a step upwards in his progression. no one knows and only time will tell.

He mentioned that recently, that the team he played for only had 3 lines and he got a lot more time than he was used to, and that it was hard in the beginning but once he got going, it got easier. That sure helped his overall game. He's a joy to watch.

its the PP that is the most concerning at this point. yes i know there is timing that only comes from time on ice. my concern is the continuing inability to finish, the same as last year. to much talent out there to continue being this ineffective.

I can't understand their PP. Florida, for example, got a lot of PP goals last year. WHy not use their (or the other top PP units) videos and try to infuse that?
I don't like the fact that they don't move around more. If you move more, the otehr team can't set up to defend as easy.

Well, mabye tonight they break thru...Gagne's playing tonight, maybe they'll let him get some PP time

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
I can't understand their PP. Florida, for example, got a lot of PP goals last year. WHy not use their (or the other top PP units) videos and try to infuse that?
I don't like the fact that they don't move around more. If you move more, the otehr team can't set up to defend as easy.

Well, mabye tonight they break thru...Gagne's playing tonight, maybe they'll let him get some PP time

i also think part of the problem with the PP is guys are one dimensional, or they have been told they are. we don't see them moving (to your point) and taking a position, or role that one of the other guys was doing. the puck moves and guys move, so once possession is achieved move into 'a' spot. don't always look to go back to 'your' spot. guys swap spots it causes confusion for the PK, again its LA being entirely one dimensional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad